she turned to face luke, who stood with his hands in his pockets and a smug grin plastered across his face as he leaned on her doorway.

scrunching up her nose in mock anger, lola unlocked the door wordlessly and slipped her shoes off in the hallway, breezing through to her bedroom and hearing luke following swiftly.

the room was bathed in a faint, golden glow cast by the lamp on lola's bedside table, which she purposely steered clear from, walking over to her dressing table as she slowly took out her earrings and hung them on the small jewellery stand beside her.

luke ambled into the room, watching curiously as his girlfriend calmly removed her few rings as well, each one clattering onto the dressing table after the previous.

he waited for her to speak, knowing he'd made his move - probably more than that - in the car. and selfishly, luke wanted her to give a little more before anything started.

"will you unzip me?"

the soft invitation was almost enough to break luke completely, and he swallowed slightly before walking over to his girlfriend.

a tiny shiver ran down lola's spine as she felt luke's hands ghosting over her shoulders and reaching up to remove the few hair pins that remained in her curls, letting them fall onto her dressing table before he dragged the zipper of her dress down at an agonizingly slow pace.

"are you mad at me for what happened in the backseat?" luke cooed lowly, running his hands up lola's spine and pushing the straps of her dress off of her shoulders until it fell to the floor.

the sudden coolness of the night air made lola stiffen slightly, and the feeling of luke's fingers playing with her hair as he brushed it over her shoulder and dragged his lips up the curve of her neck to her ear did nothing to ease her tension.

she sucked in a sharp breath.

"no." was all lola replied with, trying desperately to keep her composure while his arm crept around her waist.

"i'm sorry sweetheart." luke's voice was positively dripping with honey and desire and it was becoming torture for lola to continue resisting when all she wanted to do was beg for him to do exactly what he was hinting at in the car.

but lola was determined to stick to her plan.

"i didn't mean to make you mad." he placed a hot, open mouthed kiss just beneath her ear; her sweet spot, dragging his tongue across the skin.

"but-" luke's facade of control was crumbling around him under the weight of his need to feel lola, and when he turned her around so her eyes met his he'd never felt so vulnerable.

"sweetheart i-" lola's eye's widened at the sight of luke kneeling in front of her, his eyes wide and begging and his thumbs hooked over either side of the underwear she was wearing - the underwear she had been wearing, that were now discarded on the floor along with her dress.

"i really want you."

lola reached out, running her fingers through luke's hair and pulling it gently to make their eyes meet again.

"so lay on the bed baby." the command was no more than a whisper but it resonated in luke's ears and his lips parted at the sound.

he'd expected her to let him take the lead again, like he always did - to lay on the bed and let him have her.

he hadn't expected this at all.

but that didn't mean it wasn't somehow still exactly what he wanted.