he could feel lola tensing around him, and sped up even more, gripping her waist like his life depended on it and letting his head drop forward to rest on her shoulder so he could better hear her breathless moans.

"luke, baby i'm-"

"cum for me sweetheart." lola's nails split the skin on luke's shoulders as she felt her climax rolling over her, a low "fuck" escaping his lips as the feeling rocked him over the edge and they both rode out their highs together, lola's grip on luke's shoulders loosening until her hands fell onto the mattress either side of her head.

luke pulled out, his breathing still heavy as he propped himself up better, shifting his weight onto one arm so he could move the strands of hair that were resting over lola's face.

she smiled lazily, reaching up to bring luke's face down to hers and pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"should we get dressed and go back to the party?" she asked, an edge of humour to her tone.

"can we even go back to the party after that?" luke laughed, kissing her cheeks and nose.

lola shuffled upright, tucking her hair behind her ears and looking around the almost empty room, before her gaze fell to the mattress they'd been laying on.

"god i hope he isn't taking this with him."

***

"are we really mean for leaving them?" lola asked, her eyes still closed as she cuddled further into luke's chest, not caring that it was practically the afternoon and they hadn't moved from bed, or even fully woken up yet.

"no baby." luke kissed the top of her head, pulling her even closer to him and wrapping his arms around her like she was a teddy bear. "calum's a big boy, he can clean up his own sick."

"yeah but will he?" lola groaned at the memory of last night, where calum threw up all over the kitchen floor at three in the morning, scaring away the last few party guests - including the girl ashton has desperately been trying to seduce all night.

"ashton will make him. as payback for scaring the girl away." luke assured her, completely unwilling to surrender their embrace to help clean up calum's sick. seeing it leave his mouth was all the exposure that luke could take.

lola understood without him having to tell her - truthfully the last thing she wanted was so go over and help clean up; she was just so used to it that it felt strange the one time she wasn't.

instead, she enjoyed the warmth of luke's skin and the tightness of his arms wrapped around her waist, acutely aware of the fact that that night would be the last night she spent with luke for a week.

it was the last time she'd be able to stay with them for more than a day until christmas; when she got back her schedule would be filled with back to back training and practice for their winter showcase. and although she couldn't wait to see her parents, it suddenly felt much harder to leave. she didn't know if it was too soon to invite luke - of course she wanted him to meet them, but she wasn't sure if he was ready.

so she pressed a kiss to his bare chest, before pulling back a little so she could see his face; concentrated and sleepy as it always was after he'd woken up, the sight never failing to make her smile.

luke's eyes narrowed further as a smile stretched across his face, and he brought one of his hands up to cup lola's face, stroking his thumb back and forth over her cheek.

"i'm going to miss you this week." he said softly, admiring the way the sunlight hit lola's eyes, seeming to highlight a different fleck of gold every morning he woke up with her.