19. gone for good

Začít od začátku

"do you have any idea how fucking insane that is of you?" luke yelled, holding his phone so tightly he was sure he would crush it.

"luke you have to come home, we need to talk. it's been seven years, don't you think you've punished us enough?"

he couldn't comprehend how audacious he found the statement.

"i'm coming home now and i swear to fuck if you're still there-"

"you'll what luke?" she's caught him out again. she knew he had no idea what he'd do, and she took advantage of that area of weakness, of the fact that she was his mother and that he would never hit a woman. she poked his weak spots and watched him squirm.

"i'll see you when you're home."

the line went dead and luke slammed his phone into his bag, pulling on the discarded hoodie that had been laying on the bench and stumbling out of the gym and into his car in a blind rage, a terrifying part of him not being sure exactly what he would do if he found his mother standing outside his house.

his knuckles were papery white against the black leather of his steering wheel, and luke probably shouldn't have been driving in the condition he was in, but he had to get her away from his house, he had to make her leave.

just knowing she was standing outside his front door; in his town; where his friends lived; where lola lived, made his skin crawl.

her presence at his home felt like an invasion and luke was anxious to see her leave as soon as possible.

before she ruined him and he ruined everything else.

***

"finally luke. you took your time."

"fuck off." luke could feel his pulse increasing dangerously at the mere sight of his mother; dressed in a pale blue suit jacket and skirt, her hair and nails meticulously styled and polished and her face holding a scarily inhuman lack of emotion.

"luke do you really want to do this out here?" her smug look was enough to send him rioting, but, as much as he hated to admit it, she was right.

if she'd driven all this way, she was here for something, and unfortunately for luke, she wouldn't leave until she got it.

he shoved his key into his door and twisted it hard enough to break it off, storming inside his house and not bothering to turn around to see her follow.

"it's about time you came home luke. this is just silly now." his mother folded her arms, and the casual proposal made luke's mouth gape open in shock.

"i'm twenty fucking two - i can live by myself if i choose to, and i fucking choose to." he spat.

his mother heaved a sigh, a condescending and borderline infuriating sigh; a sigh that said "you don't know better than me and you're never going to", a sigh that he'd relished not having to hear for the past seven years.

"luke don't you think you've done enough teenage rebelling now."

he couldn't even drag up any words to respond to her with.