Prologue

Never akong naghanap.  I swear.

I was never into the romantic stuff. For me, Love is taboo. I never really have the thought of it. I always turn the other way pag yun ang pinaguusapan. It's forbidden. Out of the question, no way.

It's sickly, annoying and sappy. Ridiculous.

And all the talk about the right guy...

Psssh. All absolutely absurd. Why should they set out and go find someone. Seriously? I think if two people are for each other, something like fate can bring them together.

Like my Mom and Dad, they were in a concert when they first met, and look how well it went with their lives. Did they need to go out and scour the entire earth to find their better half? No. They only went to somewhere they both thought they would have fun. 

See? That's why I think setting out is absurd.

That's how they met and that should be how the world has it.

I'll tell you a secret though, but you have to promise me that you will never ever tell or else, I'll kill you.

Okay, okay.

I secretly long for someone.

Someone I can trust. Someone who will love me for me. Someone who'll hold me like I was his anchor to the world. Someone who I know will never leave me behind for something or someone else.

Sappy. Blech.

But I know inside me that I would never have to go and find that person.

Because he'll be right there trying to bother me.

I told myself that I'd never entertain him. He was someone that broke my heart once already. Was it twice? Or three times? 

I don't know. And I don't want to know. 

If it were you? what would you do?

Would you be willing to break everything you stand for with a person? As in total erase, start another new thing? 

maybe after 10 years he'll still be your saving grace. 

Though I'll have to ask you...

But will you be ready to start over ...

If it's back at step one again? 

--

All Rights Reserved 
Peachy Cheeks