X • FIFTY SHADES OF GRAYSON

Start from the beginning

"Are you talking about the Whitmore Bio teacher?" Applied Microbiology, to be precise, to which Stefan was informed of directly by Caroline herself.

"Yeah, the one that operated on vampires during business hours, yeah, that one. Put your hero hair on, Stefan. Let's go get Rosie." He starts to walk out.

"You just said you don't know where she is." Stefan repeated.

Damon quickly turns around to face him, "I don't, which means we're going to have to find us some leverage. So come on." Regarding Wes' side.

****

Augustine Underground Laboratory

The researcher is touching a big bag of blood strapped to an IV, "4.1 pints drained." He moves to look at Rosie and points his little flashlight on her closed eyes and she moves a little and opens her eyes, "83182 still shows signs of consciousness. Note that fifteen years ago, subject 12144 faded into unconsciousness after losing 2.9 pints." She tries to free herself, then looks at the big dialysis machine, "Evolution or luck? Mystery for another day."

"What are you doing to me? What are these tubes? Let me go!" Now.

Wes opens a curtain as he walks over to a small table and writes some notes down on an open notebook, "Relax. I plan to once I'm through with you." Once he has successfully turned her into a hybrid who feeds on vampires with the intention to protect the human race from being fed on by them.

"My friends are going to find me." Either Damon, Elena, Stefan, or even Caroline, she knows that they're not just going to leave her here alone.

He turns to face her, "Your heroic vampire friends?" He punches some buttons on the machine, "Did you know Aaron Whitmore spent his entire life thinking his family was haunted by some death curse? Turns out that curse was your friend systematically killing every member on his family tree. I'm curious. How does one justify that in their mind?" Being with a killer.

A scoff of disbelief escapes Rosie, "It's not like they didn't deserve it." For being the blood-related family and descendants from the one culprit who started these experiments on them in the very first place — Dr. Whitmore.

Wes opens a journal and reads from it, "'June 25, 1999. Incredible findings today. After enduring three thousand volts of electricity, the subject continues to have a heartbeat. June 26. More success. Subject was exposed to four thousand volts today. Seizing continues after electrocution. Flesh remains hot to the touch.' This isn't my journal, if you're wondering."

He shows it to her, "These are the handwritten medical findings of Dr. Grayson Gilbert, Elena's father. Your friend's father." Being an Augustine.

"What?" She looks at the journal in disbelief and sees the handwriting.

Wes nods along with it, "Everything I'm doing to you, I learned from him." Dr. Grayson Gilbert is, after all, a notorious legend around campus itself.

****

Whitmore College

"I have no idea where Wes took her." Aaron told the two vampire brothers regarding the location in which Rosie is being held captive by his guardian.

"Well, they're not at his lab, so where else could he hide a hybrid?" The younger vampire brother asked, sitting on the opposite couch from him; another laboratory, perhaps? Although the lab is probably a huge secret.