Chapter 42: The Devil's Return

A/N: I would very much like to advise you all to bring popcorn with this action filled chap. Oh, don't forget your drinks and chips, please. 😁

The chapter starts in:

5

4

3

2

1

Robotic Voice: Please sit back and enjoy the movie—

Me: Alright, shut up.
______________________________________

"FATHER?!" Aiden gasped in disbelief.

"Indeed." Halvor— Abaddon smirked, liking their confrontation already. The mask he held burnt down until it is no longer but ashes after he balled his fist, as if he was crushing it. Aiden's eyes followed as the ashes fell abruptly on the floor, specks of dust along with it.

"You.. You're the one who's been causing people to lose their abilities..." Aiden sneered, holding his sword in preparation.

"One can never be too careful." Abaddon seethed, "I wouldn't be too surprised, you grew up to be a fool."

Elsa growled, stepping forward, "My husband's not like you."

"Husband, eh? Why didn't you invite your poor old dad to your wedding?" Abaddon mocked, putting his hand on his chest like he is merely offended. He circled around them with glowing eyes, something he earned right after sipping up so much power.

Cyra screeched angrily at him as he did, her entire body beginning to radiate powerful dancing flames.

"And who's this little birdy?" Abandon chuckled as he glared at the phoenix daggers.

"Your worst nightmare." Cyra responded with a fierce squawk.

"Feisty, aren't you? Well, I've got lots of room for useless creatures like you— Down with the king." Abandon smiles evilly.

"... You didn't." Aiden gritted his teeth furiously.

"Oh, but I did." He played along, "And I'm sure you'd want to be in the same state as Ignaera's one and only monarch. But you know, the current ruler will be replaced by a better one."

The fire king balled his fists, "You won't get the chance to steal the throne from King Asbjorn. Not when I'm around."

"So, you want to play this little game?" Abaddon questioned bravely, "Because it will not be a fair one."

Elsa conjured ice to her palms angrily, "It will be."

Aiden held back his wife firmly, "Love, you can't. I can't bear to lose you. And you promised Anna you won't lose yourself this time."

"Because I really won't. Aiden, I'm not a damsel in distress. I'm no woman that needs a man to save her, I don't care if I'm married to you and you have to protect me, but I assure you, I am independent when it comes to these things."

"There's nothing stopping you, hm?" Aiden sighs.

"Glad you know." Elsa smiles, squeezing his hand.

"Let's not be too sappy." Abaddon growls, summoning flames to his hand, "Otherwise, the game is downright over."

"How did you escape from the dungeons? You had goons, didn't you?" Aiden accused angrily, "Or you sided with your fellow prisoner right next to your cell?"

"Stop babbling rubbish, son. I'm far better than that. It was all thanks to your mother's diary." He grinned, taking out the small book from his pockets.

"YOU STOLE MOTHER'S DIARY?!" Aiden roared, his blood beginning to boil.

"I merely stole a pocketbook." Abaddon scoffed, "But you know what, it's useful than it sounds like. You see, my escape was quite simple. Ignaera has a dark secret only a few of its people would know, and your mother is part of that few. You can reach this hidden city by just doing a ritual, and it will open its portal to you without a hitch."

"And the ritual happened to be written down on mama's diary?"

"Smart boy."

Abaddon gruffly unsheathed his sword, running towards the fire king viciously, a dangerous glint flashing through the blade.

Elsa thinks fast, quickly blasting an ice fort to block his attack.

"We should really focus at the task at hand," Abaddon groaned, as he forcefully pulled out the edge of the sword that got stuck on the fort, "Distractions are occurring and all."

"You scoundrel," Elsa huffed as she thawed the fort, "You dare to kill your own son. You've failed at your first attempt, and you'll fail on your last one."

"Who says this is my last one?!" Abaddon smiled in mischief; throwing away the sword he held and conjuring flames to encircle around the queen.

The flames flickered and crackled as it seethed at the fifth spirit, earning a healthy attack of snow and ice.

Elsa smirked, "Is that your best?"

"No," Abaddon growls, clasping the artifact around his neck, "Not at all."

Cyra angrily left her current perch from her master's shoulder, belting out a furious squawk that symbolized a war cry, flying to the unaware antagonist and hooking her fiery claws around the artifact's chain.

She flapped her wings, dragging the chain with her claws.

Abaddon yelped as he was being strangled by the fire bird, clutching the pendant, trying to pull it back.

Aiden rushed towards where Cyra was, grabbing his dagger and cutting the weakened chain in half.

The broken chain dropped to the floor, then began to fade as black, sand like tendrils hugged it until it is erased from existence.

Abaddon trembled in utmost anger. Aiden kicked Abaddon's back, the weight of the escaped prisoner falling with his face flat on the floor, the still active garnet glowing intensely.

It slid right out of his grip, sliding on the marble floor and it reached the feet of the ice queen.

Elsa gently picked it up, before trapping the glowing gem inside her hand.

Her eyes squinted as she concentrated her powers to the gem. Her powers blankets the very gem with frost, until frost became solid ice.

A sickening crack can be heard, and Aiden can see his wife's satisfied smile even though he struggled to lock Abaddon beneath him.

"NO!"