Chapter 4: why is this happening?

My head hurts, like dead beat hurts. That bell keeps ringing in my head hurt. I didn't drink much why do I feel like this. The groan of pain caught my ear then came a thud of something falling.

"Fucking bitch" the raw yell from shasha didn't go on deaf ears. I silently got up moving over to her forgetting all around me.

"Eli help m--"

"What the hell" I was shock the widening of her eyes scared me. The ones that say don't look around or you'll regret it. I heart rate pick up speed as shasha got up so fast drawing the open curtain to a close.

"Shas what is it" she didn't pay me any mind as she quickly got rid of whatever it was. For a girl who has a hungover she moves quick.

Go in the shower now Eli" she said anger clear in her voice, but I wanted to know what is happen what was she hiding. I turn to ask but the look in her eyes told me not to question her. 'What the fuck was this'

I got in the bathroom the full body mirrior reflects me but an odd writing on my shirt stop my heart 'I'm coming for you' i screamed knowing fully well who and what is happening my fell to the ground my feet a weak mess.

Why is this happening to me, what did I do.

I ran out of the bathroom, Shasha just coming off the phone. I swear I can't think straight the mild feeling of sickness came over me "Eli I'm so sorry, let me help you" Shasha came to my side rubbing my back I heard the apology in her voice. Its strange the very sickness coming harder.

"Shasha please we got classes to go to" I said while trying to stand up but shasha only hold my arm pulling me to the bed now in clean sheets I'm wondering if the devil or my dreams came to life.

"No you don't I'll go to classes this--" she sat on the floor near the bed holding my hands "I should have believed you" she look to cry the very sadness in mines reflected in hers. Its uncommon how I haven't broken down yet.

"I'm going to make it better, I'll head out today find out about him" she said the clear anger vivid in her eyes.

"You don't have to"

"No but I need to, come on sis the very bastard that should have disappear is back from hell" the exhale of breath cause her to pause

"We aren't even sure if its him" I said fustration clear in my voice its been only 3 days I moved here and now hell follow behind me 'isn't this just fabulous' I hate this.

Just then the image of lastnight came in a flood. That man could it be, I shook my head, no it couldn't be.

"Eli" shasha shook my body "girl i have been calling you for the past minute"

An apology pass my breathless lips. It didn't help, I couldn't remember anything no matter now hard I try. The raw feeling appear I wanted to cry, this is so fustrating.

***

Shasha left only a minute ago and honestly I couldn't stop shaking. That raw feeling of no safety, nothing to protect me not even my dreams are safe.

I've been wrap up in bed no thought of leaving the bed anytime soon. That scared kid was back, I didn't have my mother to help me coup. Like how I used to coup with the hard parts in my life.

Menories I had made to complete myself

I remember that little brown box sitting on the side table. I steadly reach for it, I comense to tear it open knowing no writing was on the outside.

What's in the box bring me to tears, images of me from when I was a kid that small kid smiling at every little. My baby sis in her carrier warm my heart, she was always a sweet girl.

My dad in each photo didn't look like the man he is now. Smiling and enjoying his family time, now its like a second universe to me.

Suddenly there was a knock, sounded to match my fast pace heart. 'Are you testing me now' it didn't help as the loud knock came to a stop the breath I was unknowingly holding in release.

It didn't sit well with me knowing its uncommon to be alone now. I curse Shasha for leaving me alone, I know deep shit know I was either gonna die or just simply have a heart attack right now.

Footstep hit the floor board one step at a time. I know for one that all students are in classes plus it couldn't be shasha as she had her key.

It gave me a scare as a hard metal fell to the ground it came right outside my door. It didn't calm as it sound like it was being pulled apart I reach for my phone wanting to call the police. It didn't sit well with me as the knock came back louder than ever.

I hid under the bed moving at a speed unknown to me.

The smell of gas was strong, I try to cover my mouth but it only got worse. Suffocating seems to be the only option as I race across the floor trying to reach the door but fail as I suddenly collapse.

Drowsy became a permanent feeling as hands rest to my neck. I registered it is dawn, these persons were serious.

I couldn't make out a face my lids began to close with the last thought on my mind.

'Why is this happening'