Chapter 25

We've been caught.

I could hear Daniel mutter a "Shit. Now what?" under his breath. I ignored him, my eyes still focused on my father.

"Dad?" I asked softly. I've haven't seen him in... what? Almost 3 years? The disease started spreading in early 2012 and it's 1st December 2014 now.

"Rose...You..." he trailed off.

That was the first time someone called me using my real name in a long while.

My name is Rose Raybans.

The person standing in front of me is called Merk Raybans, my father.

Hazel, Katy and Daniel looked at me, then to my dad, then back to me again.

"Your name is... Rose?" Hazel asked. She was still shocked by the sudden father-daughter reunion, so was I.

"Yeap."

"Should we tell him about... Jordan?"

My dad laughed, it sounded familiar to my ears, and brought back several memories of him. It made my heart warm slightly. Yet... there was something off about it.

"Jordan?" he chuckled. "Oh right, your plan of 'saving' him. I know everything about that."

Katy's eyes widened, "How did you know?"

"Well someone broke into the system to change a few things... like your room allocation at the asylum. We originally wanted you all to be allocated to rooms with not a single sane room-mate, so that you yourselves will think that this whole asylum is full of insane people and you won't be able to escape."

"I traced it to the... Garden Hotel," his eyes softened slightly, then turned cold again, "I mean... Bob's inn. I had someone install the smallest microphones in a few rooms, that was how I knew everything. That's why I took away your Ms Lena. But you still managed to get here. Amazing."

This was when he started clapping slowly. This was also when I noticed something was definitely wrong with his brain.

Speaking of brains... his should have been completely rotten by now. Not that I want my father's brain to rot, it just did not make sense at all. He should have been dead by now.

"How are you still alive? I mean, you aren't a fan of his..." I asked.

He smiled, "A good question asked by my smart little flower!"

He turned around with his back facing us and pointed to a white door.

"The answer is right over there," he then went over and placed one hand on the door knob.

Before he opened the door, he turned to me and said, "I wanted to kill all five of you, and also Bob and Ms Lena. But I didn't. I didn't because my daughter was one of them. She was the reason all of you are "

"A part of my brain has already rotted. I have double personalities now. The one I have right now is the one Rose recognizes, the caring father. The other one is the creepy and mad scientist, which I was just now."

"So if you see me switch personalities all of a sudden. Please don't be scared. I know you are, Rose. But please don't."

The warm and friendly eyes were there, the one that I think, fits my dad the most.

He closed his eyes. He opened them a second later, changing into his mad-scientist persona.

(AN: It is very wrong to write ANs in the middle of the chapter. But this is important.
If you haven't noticed yet, when I use "the scientist", Merk becomes a mad and creepy scientist. When I use "my father", he becomes a father. Double personalities remember? Now moving on...)