Chapter NOMOREEXAMS 12

While we were walking back to own bunk room, Ruby asked me "Hey are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." i muttered.

"You look very worried. Don't worry Eli, everything will be alright." She smiled.

We brought her back to our bunk room. When she entered, she asked "Soooo, where did you hide the book?"

"At that hidden compartment." I said, my voice still weak from all that crying.

"Smart move, because I think your room was just checked by the wardens."

I looked around. The shelves were, messier than usual and come to think of it, our door was unlocked when we went in. The door could only be unlocked by the four of us and the wardens and I was very sure the door was locked when we went out to look for Ruby.

I shuddered, I did not want to think what would happen if the wardens found the book.

Carol locked the door. "Now let's start our party!"

......

"Really Carol? What is there to celebrate about?" Katy asked.

"Well, I want to make her last day as happy as possible." she glared at Katy.

"Very thoughtful of you guys, but maybe can discuss on how to escape this place." Ruby said.

"ESCAPE THIS PLACE?" Katy looked at her in horror "But this is the perfect place for the Jordan fan!"

"Have you forgotten that you will be thrown in some dark basement on your 150th day? We need to escape!" Hazel snapped.

"But how do you know that Hana is dead? We haven't read the whole diary entry yet!" Carol asked.

I agreed and quickly took the book out of the secret compartment and read the rest of the diary entry.

"Oh it looks like someone just opened the door! I think I can now be free! Oh wait, there is a person coming towards me! He's holding something! I can't see what it is, it's too dark!

He's coming closer now, I think he's going to hit me! I think I'm going to die! Whoever finds this book, please take good care of it, and most importantly, this asylum isn't safe! You have to es....."

The diary entry abruptly ended there.

"I think she.... she...."

"Died" we all said in unison.

"We have to escape or we will all die!" Hazel exclaimed.

Katy nodded in agreement and did not argue back any further.

"But we have these stupid Track@ things, how are we going to escape if they are tracking us, and don't forget the security cameras." Carol looked at her Track@ and sighed.

"That's because there are wardens doing patrols in the whole asylum during that time, operating these cameras cost a lot of money. However the trackers in your Track@ work for 24 hours, 7 days a week."

"So why don't we try getting them off?" I yanked at the strap , however it would not budge.

"These things are impossible to take off by hand since there is a lock, it needs some key to take it off, and thankfully that key is in the back of the book. Once you take it off, the Track@ will still be on, but the tracker and lock will be deactivated forever. So you can use it as a watch, or something, pretty nifty."

"You must have read the book from back to back huh?"

"The more we know, the better.

But I suggest you take them off only when you want to escape, not now, the wardens will notice it."

"But how do we escape the patrolling wardens at night?"

"Easy, just use the secret passage way."

"One more question," Carol asked, "If you knew about all this, why didn't you escape yourself?"

"That's because this requires teamwork, one cannot do everything by herself. The fan before me even bugged the programming to allow the four of you to stay together in this room."

"But how is it allowed? I thought they wanted us to be separated?"

"The wardens assumed that all of you will be in different bunk rooms. Ha! Little do they know...." Ruby smiled to herself.

"Wow, thanks for warning us, you did a lot..... for us." Katy said.

"Not just for you guys, but for the fans in the future that will have to enter this asylum too. If this plan succeeds, they will never have to suffer like we did." Ruby pointed to herself.

"So do we escape tomorrow night?"

Ruby nodded, "Yes, the sooner the better."

We planned for some more, and when we were sure that this escape plan would work, Ruby decided to leave. It was already 9.30pm and everyone was tired.

Before she left, she fished out a necklace from her pocket and gave it to me.

"Can you do me a favor? If you meet Jordan, can you give this to him?"

"Well okay. But what if we don't?" I asked.

"I am very sure you will meet him one day." She smiled to herself.

I took the necklace from her open palm. It was still warm.

She opened the door and was about to leave when she turned back and said,"We did the planning, now it's up to the four, or five, of you to put this plan in motion."

She then closed the door and the room was left in silence.

We knew that we will never get to see her again.

We to return the book to its hiding place. There was no unnecessary talk . By the time the lights were off, it was only 9:45pm. We needed enough energy for tomorrow.

I took Ruby's necklace out of my pocket and took a good look at it. The room was dark, so I placed my Track@ near it to see it better. The necklace reflected off the blue glow given off by the Track@ and I could see that there was a little bird carved into the pendent, how beautiful.

I admired it for a while and put the necklace into my grey bag and went to sleep, dreaming about Jordan and his beautiful smile.

I'M BACK! HI! I have been looking forward to this day for a long time...My exams were okay, yeahhhh...

The next chapter is a filler chapter BTW.