Real Illusions

AN (2014) :

I believe this is when your first impression has it's importance. Will you continue reading this fanfic?

There used to be this really stupid AN (written by me in 2013) here, which MAY have chased away several potential readers (notice the huge "views" gap between this and the next chapter). Oh yeah, this is the first fanfic I've ever written, I've since written a few more and you can check it out on my profile page.

Credits to honkytonk3000 (from tumblr) for the idea!

Year 2012

November

The disease,or to be specific, "The Sparkly Disease" has spread faster than we thought. A cure still hasn't been found.

It all started a few years back, when a guy (or an illusion?) named Jordan Maron (aka Captainsparklez) started making YouTube videos and he got really popular.Due to his attractiveness, some fans (mostly girls), would go crazy over him.

However, as time went by, some people, who did not even know Jordan, started going crazy over him (even the males). Scientists found out that the fans obsession over Jordan has rubbed off on normal people, thus making them going crazy over him too. They suffered from really bad hallucinations of Jordan. Since these normal people were confused whether Jordan was real or just an illusion,they started going paranoid, with some people even killing themselves so that they can "stop" this confusion.

The uninfected knew that Jordan existed in real life but they didn't dare watch his videos or search him on the Internet afraid they would get infected or become a fangirl too. Slowly they assumed that he didn't exist.

It was just simply part of the insane people's imagination, they thought.

It was a world wide pandemic.

All the infected and the fans were sent to mental asylums around the world to stop the spread, however the disease could not be controlled, so more people were infected each day.

You were either....

- a normal person /the uninfected

- an infected person who got infected by the fans

OR

- A fan, who infects 'healthy' people.

Everyone in the world, except the fans, now thought that Jordan was just a pure illusion.