Chapter 11- Okkk that was longgg

AN: SOOOO...... It's been a long time since I updated this.... The reason why I decided to upload this chapter today is because..... well how do I explain this? Ok, I was looking through my fics when I saw that Real Illusions was updated 2 MONTHS AGO, which is really long for fanfic standards. So I decided to upload this one little chapter for today. Do keep in mind that I am still on 'hiatus'.

Before we went to find Ruby, I searched for a place to hide this book. I could not bring this book with me. What if the wardens spotted it? I recalled Hazel saying...

"The only place where there are no cameras is the bunk rooms, but there will be random checks so that, you know, we don't store any secretive stuff there..."

What if they find the book? I needed to find a place which we could hide the book safely.

I flipped through the pages for answers (like it could help me anyway).

Suddenly I found something in one of the pages.

"Having trouble hiding this book? In each bunk room there is a secret compartment in the drawer (2nd row) next to the bathroom door." It said.

This book really has answers to everything.

I opened the drawer and scanned it and sure enough there was a secret compartment. I stored the book there and covered the tell tale signs of the secret compartment with random items, making it look like some messy drawer with NOTHING suspicious in it.

After that was done, we went to find Ruby.

We went to the shrine, but she wasn't there.

We went everywhere (including the library), but she was nowhere to be seen.

We went back to the bunk room corridor and looked for her name plate but we could not find it.

"Hey, I found something." I stopped at the door of "Bunk room 5".

We gathered around the door, there were only 3 name plates, and the missing name plate looks like it has been ripped off.

"Oh no. We must be too late." Carol said. My heart fell.

The door suddenly opened and we all jumped back, turns out it was just Ruby, wearing normal clothes. The four of us suddenly started cheering, happy to see she was still alive and well.

She looked at us and wondered why there were so many people at the door.

"Uh, yes?" her left eyebrow was raised, as if to question our presence.

"Ruby! You are alive! We thought you were dead!" Katy cried out.

I shushed her and pointed to the security cameras. She stopped.

Ruby sighed, "I am not going to be alive sooner. But what can I do about it? It's my fate right?"

"But we can still save you or something." I said.

"If I know that I can be saved, would I still give you the book knowing that I would put you in danger?"

"But...." Hazel rebutted.

"It's pointless, Hazel. The best thing I could do is to give you the book so the four of you, including the new fan that will come tomorrow, can escape."

"Why would THEY do this to US? We didn't do anything wrong!" We did not deserve all this, I don't want any more people to die or go missing.

"It's okay, Eli,It's not our fault, and I know you guys can escape, the book has a lot of information. It's just.... It's just that my time has come, and no one can do anything about it. And besides, I'm already 18, and I am tired of my life and this world." Ruby smiled weakly and lifted up her sleeve, which revealed a few faint lines on her wrist. Katy cupped her hand to her mouth, the rest of us just.... looked.... at it silently.

"Unfortunately, THEY are going to throw my life Just .Like .That. It's just like what I did in the past. Best not to talk about that." she said as she rolled down the sleeve.

"Well, at least try to live your last day here as a.....happier person. Do you want , uhhh,to hang out with us?" Hazel asked. She still looked shocked from the scars.

"Yeah sure, I can't stand these crazy roommates anymore. It's lucky that you guys are together, you know...." she looked back at her roommates, who were arguing about Jordan's hairstyle.

"He looks better with his hair cut!" one said.

"No way! If he cut it, all the fluffiness will be gone!" said another.

"He looks better!"

"He looks worse!"

"BETTER!"

"WORSE!"

Ruby rolled her eyes and sighed "Please get me out of her before I go crazy!"