VII

"RYAN!!"

"What!"

"I've been trying to wake you up for 10 minutes, I'm taking the kids to school, when I come back we going to wait for mom at the airport." Naomi says and she's out the door. Great, now I'm awake. I decide to get up as I didn't want to be on the receiving end of Naomi's anger or frustration. I go take a shower, brush my teeth and change into a pair of grey sweatpants and a white friends crop top and some slides. As I'm making my way down the stairs into the kitchen, my phone dings with a message.

Mase the Babe. I laugh at how he decided to save himself on my phone.

Mason/Ryan

Heyyyyyyyyy.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be at school?

I decided to ditch today, won't be the same without you.

Ncoooooh. But you do know that I've been suspended for a week right?

I know, I'll go to school one of these days. Want to meet up?

I'm In Beverly Hills at the moment. I don't know if I'm coming back to Hidden Hills.

What?! Why?

It's a long story. I'll tell you when I see you some time this week, okay.

Okay. Listen, I have to go. I'll talk to you later, okay.

Coolio.

I have breakfast in the silence of the kitchen, 10 minutes after sitting down, Naomi walks through the front door.

"Hey." She says.

"Hey, when does mom land?"

"She lands in an hour. But she said we must wait for her at the park after you enter the gated community."

"Cool. Breakfast?"

"Sure."

We set about making breakfast, after eating and cleaning up we head out the door. 25 minutes after arriving at the gated community, mom pulls up next to us.

"Mama." Naomi says.

"Oh my babies. Are y'all okay?"

"Yeah." We say simultaneously.

"So what's the plan?" Naomi asks.

"I don't know. But he's home. We'll see when we get there." She says, then gets into the G65 AMG, Nai and I follow her to the house. She parks inside and we park outside. Naomi says that she'll wait outside. I immediately understand after what dad said to her yesterday.

Upon entering the house, dad stumbles down the stairs, seemingly hungover.

"Hey babe. Weren't you supposed to come back in tomorrow night?"

"MY kids needed me so I came home. Because that's what good parents do."

"What are you talking about?"

"You were that shitfaced that you don't remember telling the kids that you didn't want them."

"What...?"

"Well it's not too late to back out now. I've been able to raise 5 kids seemingly on my own, I can raise another one without you at all."

"You're pregnant...?"

"Yes. I've been trying to save this marriage. Trying to save us for this baby. Trying to save us for our kids but clearly that's not working. I want you out of my house by the end of the week. And I want a divorce."