W-What?

MAX POV
At this time, I was already back home. Neil had dropped me off and he went back to his home after the skating. That's all the past now, I stole the diary from his room. He'll notice, but it doesn't matter now. I have it. Plopping onto the my bed very unmade bed, which honest kind of hurts since the mattress feels harder than my door. I flipped the first page of the diary open, scanning half of the page. This isn't juicy, but I guess there's more. The page said.

"So, I think my dad took my sweatshirt, and wore it to work. Awesome. There goes my shirt. It's literally more stretched than my cousins slime. Thanks a lot dad. Now I have to bribe my mom to get me a new shirt"

Borrrring. I skip to the middle of the the diary, scanning the the couple of pages.

"Over my Dad's house again. It's been a while since my parents separated. Since they did, I go over my mom's during the week, and Dad's during the weekend. They're always fighting and it's hurts to see Dad with that new lady. Disgusting. Honestly, how could he do that to mom? But it's whatever. They seems like they were going to split up either way."

"Harsh." I mumbled to myself, continuing to flip through the book. Then something interesting has showed up.

"Why does he make me feel so great? When everything feels like it's going terrible he's there to help me feel better. Well, not really. I just like his presence."

Who is he talking about? I go deeper into the book.

"My guess I have a crush on him now. I don't want to. It's so painful. He clearly doesn't like me. He clearly doesn't like guys."

Huh, so Neil's gay? Figures. What if- No, he doesn't. Does it? I flipped through the book and spotted a name.

"Finally you'll know book. Nikki knows and you hold all of my secrets so you deserve to know to. Even if you're just a book. Max. He's the one that makes me have butterflies in my stomach. The guy who makes me blush more than a tomato. I can't. What if she tells? Nikki I mean. She found out by the diary. Note to self; change spot of library and possibly add a lock or something."

I stare down at the paper. What? He's joking, right? But that would make sense. I'm not dumb. Obviously this is why Neil was acting so weird towards me during my little "experiment." I checked more of the book and there was a lot, I mean a lot about me. Figures. I took my phone out and quickly shot Nikki a text.

"You knew." I texted her.
"What?" She knows what I'm talking about.
"Is it true?"
"Max what are you talking about?? :("
"You know how Neil felt about me. You knew it."
"OOh! Neil's crush. Yeah, I knew for like a year now."
"W H A T" I'm more impressed that Nikki could have kept a secret from me for that long.
"Yeah! What are you going to do about Neil?"
"I don't know.."
I threw my phone on the ground. Suddenly this diary was like the best book in the world.

Neil Pov.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH."
WHERE IS IT? Where is it? I can't find it. Where is my diary? I looked everywhere. Under my bed, in my dresser, on my table, IN my bed, other places. What if- He wouldn't. I sent Max a quick text.

"Hey Max, i have this diary."' Obviously I went back and deleted Diary, revising it to Journal. "And I can't find it at all. Have you happened to see it? I kind of wrote in it before you came so you're the only suspect. NOT that you did it, but yeah."

Max received the text message from Neil. Ah, Neil must've noticed his missing diary. Probably trying to write about Max again when he noticed. Max knew exactly why Neil knew it was him. He wrote that last thing about how Max was acting weird. Glad that he noticed his unusual behavior. He looked down at Neil's diary.
"Yeah, I don't know. You must've misplaced your "journal" or something, but I'll see if I accidentally took it or not." Max responded.

"Okay, thanks." Neil quickly replied.

Ooo new POv NiKki
"Get a load of this, Nerris!" I sat up from an egg chair. "Gettin messages from the boys?" Nerris walked over to me, stretching her arms. My phone was exploding from Neil. What did he want? "Yeah. I'm tired of this "hiding your feelings". Just take a change when you can cause you know that chance would be lost." Life lessons. Am I right? "As a professional relationship person!" Nerris snorted, then continued, " 'Cause I've been in relationships for over a year with my boy Harrison." Nerris wrapped her arm around her boyfriends neck. He was too busy messing with his deck of cards. "Huh, what?" Harrison wasn't paying any attention to the conversation that was previously going on. "Let the loooove doctor guide you." Nerris sat on Harrison's lap, arm still around his neck.
"Okay looove doctor." I say, playfully kneeling down to Nerris. "Show me your ways!" I yell, i can't even hear my thoughts anymore, JeEz! Nerris looked down at me confused. "Adventure girl, you have to ask me first." She says.
My phone barks at me. Literally. It's my sound set for when I get a message. Like it?
"Hold on." I raise my finger, taking my phone out with my other...fingers? It was Neil. Again.
"Okay, so look at this!" I ran over to Nerris, showing her the messages from Neil. I blow my poofy hair out of my field of view. My hair feels like dead weight at this point. I should probably cut it. Any who, Neil was like.
"Nikki"
"Where"
"Is"
"My"
"DIARY"
Yeah, he sent it in separate messages like that to I don't know, spam me??? Then he sent a few more.
"I SWARE I put the diary in my usual spot but it's not there. Max was here, and now I can't find it. What if he took it?"
He sent another.
"HE'LL SEE OH GOD."
"I mean, that is if he took it."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."
Dang Neil, you're acting crazier me!
"Woah, woah, woah." Nerris raised an eye brow.
"Woaaah! Woah, woah. WOAH!" I annoyingly squawked back.
"Okay, okay. Nikki, I get it." Nerris took the phone. "Did he take it? Did Max take the diary." She continued.
"Yeah. I told him to. He knows." I answered. Then it hit me. "AHH!" I jumped up and down, clapping my hands. Harrison didn't even flinch. Was those cards that interesting? "NIKKI, WHAT?" Nerris screamed. Removing her arm from Harrison's Neck. She rolled her eyes at him playing around with those cards.
"Oh my goddess! WE'RE LIKE CUPID! CUUUUPID." I screeched. This is COOL! The love doctor(s) have a mission. "Put this on our list."
I said. I was referring to a list I've never even made before. I should probably get to that.
"Maybe we shouldn't mess around with peoples love life." Harrison blinked. Wow, guess he was paying attention. "Let Ikk have her fun." Nerris smiled at me. She's such a good friend. "Guess Max and.." Harrison shivered, "Neil is okay. Just be careful. Okay?" He kisses his girlfriends cheek. Wow, cute. They're sometimes always arguing about something STUPID. I puff my cheeks out. "Cute." I mumble.
I took my phone, typing into the text box. "Oh, I know who has it. But you're not gonna like it."
Sent.
15 minutes later.
"You do? Who?" He asked.
"Max."
Neil has left to have a mini panic attack.