Uh, Max?

I'm sorry I just didn't have the motivation to type!

After school
Neil Pov
'Dear Diary, Max (my crush) has been acting weird all day. I just can't figure out I'm why. In lunch today he sat awfully close to me. Offering me things, sounding interested and concerned about me. This is new. Really new. He's the one who was actually interested in hanging out with me today. Isn't he sick of me yet? We're supposed to go skating. Weird thing; I don't know how to skate. I'm going to look like an idiot in front of Max. HORRAY! I told Nikki about how Max was really touchy and close today...and well, she said "maybe he likes you back?" I don't know. Just wish me luck'

Neil closed his diary, sliding it into his nightstand besides his bed. Max was coming over soon. He even offered to pay. He had to look great, smell great, yes even his breath. But As if he was going to kiss him though. He quickly made himself look presentable. Brushing his hair, taking an hour long shower, putting on more cologne than he needed. He wore a blue buttoned up shirt, blue jeans, and black dress shoes. The only thing left to do was wait. Painful waiting.
Max POV
Max noticed how Neil reacted today to his "unusual" behavior. Neil would sometimes stop in the middle of his sentence, stammer even. He noticed how Neil's face would turn completely red. "Are you okay? You look a bit red and sweaty. Well, more than usual." Max would ask. Neil would just say he's fine or come up with the ol' is it hot in here? It's hot in here. Was Neil gay? Bisexual even? He's never talked about it. Neither has Max. Nikki has talked about possibly being a lesbian. They support her. Anyways, Max felt like being Max by not changing out of what he wore at school, but maybe it'll trip Neil up if he hadn't? He picked up his phone and sent Neil a quick text.

'Hey I'm going to be a while. I'll be over in an hour or so?'

Neil sent a message back quickly. Too quickly.

'Yeah, that's okay. See ya then'

Max set down his phone. You know what would be better than dressing nice? Wearing the shirt Neil got him. That's exactly what Max did, along with some black skinny ripped jeans and sneakers. He even washed his hair. The better to play in. He was used to it. People would touch, twirl, poke. They would compliment it and say, 'Your hair is so nice. I love it.'
Yeah, yeah. His hair shined bright, and smelled like dove shampoo. The hair curls were all over the place. It looked nice. Smelled nice. Neil, here we come. Max took a bus. The no car thing was getting annoying but he could manage, but he couldn't mange a job to get a car either.

15 minutes later

Max knocked on the door of Neil's house. 2 knocks. No answer. 4 knocks. No answer. Is he vaping?
Neil opener the door. A strong smell coming off of Neil attacked Max's nose. Is that..cologne? You can smell it from a mile away with how strong the scent was.
"I'm sorry! I didn't hear you knocking."
"That's okay. Really." Max looked into the house from above Neil's shoulder. "So are you going to let me in or what?"
"Oh! Yes." Neil backed away from the doorway to let Max him.

Neil POV
Neil scanned Max's clothing as he walked in, closing the door behind him. Different clothes, eh? Is that why he took so long? To get ready...for Neil? He observed his outfit even more. That's not- woah. He's wearing the shirt that Neil bought for him? Really? Maybe he did like him.

"Busy with your fake little cigarette?" Max raised an eyebrow.
Neil's eyes darted to the ground. "Max. Please don't."
He paused, then began to start up again. "What you saw yesterday. I-it was a one time thing."
Max grinned. "Oh, you don't have to lie to me Neil." He patted the nerd on his shoulder.
Neil glanced at Max's green eyes, then back down to the ground. "Are you okay, Max?"
"Yeah, why?"
"You've just been acting weird. Is there something you want to tell me?"
Max lifted Neil's chin so that he looked into his eyes. Smiling softly. What is he doing? What is he going to do? God, Max, you're so confusing sometimes.
"Nope." Max's hand left Neil's chin. The shorter boy held in his laughter. Maybe he really fooled him into thinking he actually had something to say?
Max pov

Max's phone blasted music in his pocket. Someone was calling. He took it his phone. "Just a second Neil. This is important."
"Okay. You can go upstairs and take the call."
"Thanks." Max ran upstairs and quickly answered the phone.
"So what were you talking about?" A voice ringed into Max's ears. It was Nikki.
"Well." Max whispered. "You said Neil has a diary?"
"Yes! Yes he does. Why do you want to know?"
"I have my reasons. Now don't tell Neil. Do you know where it's at?"
"Oh yeah! I was being nosy and I totally read the entire thing. I think you'd like it." That's exactly how Nikki found out Neil's feelings for Max. The stupid diary.
"Just tell me where it is, Nikki."
"In his nightstand next to his bed. I bet he wrote in it today."
"Why do you say that?"
"Oh no reason. Bye Maxie."
"Bye?"
Nikki hung up the phone. He stuffed it back into his back pocket. Sneaking into Neil's room. There it was. There was the nightstand. He got to it. He opened it. There it was. A rather old looking book labeled 'diary' was there. Max smirked. It'll all be over soon. He hid the notebook in his baggy shirt.
"Aw jeez Neil!" Max said as he left the room, going down the stairs. "I need a bag. It's important. I need it now."
"Okay? I'll get you one." Neil left the room. Soon, he came back with a dark red bag in hand. "Here."
"Thank you!" Max slid the diary In the bag when Neil wasn't looking. "Hey, what is that anyways?" Neil asked once he saw carrying the bag that seemed to be full of..something.

Neil Pov.
"It's the shirt I had on under." Max lied.
Neil glanced down at the bag. He actually didn't know if Max had a shirt on previously.
"Why did you take it off?" Neil squinted at him.
"It was getting hot. Any who. Let's go." Max rolled his eyes because of the many questions that was being asked.