Chapter 129: Fifth Life - Another Love Triangle

Start from the beginning

"I do not need you to love me. I just need you to stay by my side until my vengeance has been satisfied," he tells me.

"And I'm telling you that is not something I'm interested in. I should leave now. It doesn't take Yang Zi Huo too long to find me. I wouldn't want you to die if he finds me in your company."

"Where are you planning on going?"

I walk to the door and crack it open. "Somewhere far, where no one will find me."

"If it's not the Underworld, Yang Zi Huo will find you."

I don't turn around to face him, but listen to what he has to say.

"If you stay with me, I can seal your presence with my powers. He will not be able to detect you."

"You can do that?" I look back at him.

"I can. If you stay with me then... We can just remain as friends. I won't force you to be my woman."

My eyes wonder the room as I ponder Qin Yu's suggestion. "Fine, but we must leave this cottage now."

Qin Yu brings us to another village. It is a fishing village on the eastern coast, very similar to the town I've stayed in before years ago

Qin Yu is walking ahead and warns, "All the villagers in this village are demons. They will not harm you, but stay close to me."

"Why did you bring me here?!" I quietly whisper.

"This one of the many demon villages in the country where Bleak Night and Wicked Mist have a truce. They are demons who do not side with either groups, thus must be left alone. We cannot fight in these areas."

"Ah, I wouldn't have thought Wicked Mist and Bleak Night would have such a thing."

"We are demons, but we are not barbarous. Well, to our own kind for the most part."

"So you can pick and choose who you're friendly to unless they're humans? Tch."

Qin Yu doesn't respond to my comment. It does annoy me how little he thinks of humans. Probably sees me as some sort of chicken drum stick, a piece of meat ready to be devoured at any moment. I can't say he's a good demon. Demons like him can kill hundreds of humans and never feel any guilt. For now, I will stay with him. I don't think it is a good situation to be around him for long.

"Jing Feng Gege! You're back!" A young child runs up to us and wraps her arms around Qin Yu's legs.

Qin Yu drops down to her level and smiles. "How are you doing, Xiao Man?"

"It's been so boring without you here! All father does is fishing and mother selling at the market. I have no one to play with."

"Have you been studying diligently?"

"Why would I study if you're not even here to teach anymore?"

"You should still study for your own sake." Qin Yu stands and runs her head gently. Her bangs become ruffled and out of place.

"Who is this lady?" She finally asks about me.

Qin Yu says, "She is a toy I brought back for you."

"Hey!" I lecture him.

"What is she? Something I can eat?"

"I'm not food. And I'm not a toy." I tell her while glaring at Qin Yu. He smiles to himself while avoiding my eyes.

"What she says is right. She is not food. But if you're ever bored, come visit us." Qin Yu tells her and walks ahead.

The village is small with only ten or so houses spread apart. I can see the docks to the sea from the center of the village. Qin Yu leads me to a small cabin overlooking the endless ocean. The view is so captivating with the sunset's birth of colors reflecting on the waves.

Leaning on the balcony, I inhale and exhale. "I love this fresh air."

"Don't you think it smells a bit like fish?" Qin Yu asks. He opens the door but doesn't step inside.

"Maybe just a bit. It doesn't bother me much."

Fish? I didn't even notice it but now thinking about fish... Thinking about meat, my stomach growls impatiently.

"What was that?" Qin Yu asks.

"Uh, I haven't ate in awhile, so... I'm a bit hungry."

"I forgot you humans eat every few hours. I'll go into the village to grab you something."

"All right. Thanks."

He leaves, and I return my gaze to the beautiful restless sea.

"Ha. He forgets that I need to eat while Yang Zi Huo always asks to cook me something to eat even before I'm actually hungry."

I wonder what he's up to?

Not looking for me, I hope.

Hopefully, he's not tearing up the whole capital city looking for me. I mean he wouldn't. Would he?

Strange that a part of me wants him to look for me. Look for me and get frustrated to death that he cannot find me yet also I don't want him to look for me at the same time.

"Time to move on. For us both."