Chapter 30

"Shit," Dizzy says as he regretfully pulls himself away from Tucker, breathing heavily. He flips over his phone to check the name of the caller and breathes out before he swipes to answer.

"Chance," he says slowly. "You'd better have a good reason why you're calling me right now."

Tucker laughs in the seat beside Dizzy and he grins back at his childhood friend.

"Are you busy?" Chance questions.

"Very," Dizzy replies and Tucker's face heats up.

"Doing what?" Chance asks.

"Nothing," Dizzy sighs. "What are you up to? How's your date?"

"It's over," Chance replies.

"Already? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but she's not," Chance says. "She wanted to try again with me but I'm not, you know..."

"You're not what?" Dizzy asks and Tucker peers over.

"Interested," Chance quickly says.

"Damn, then what're you doing now?" Dizzy asks.

"Nothing, I went home."

"Oh," Dizzy says, unsure of what else to say.

"Come over."

Dizzy glances over at Tucker who cannot hear the conversation. As much as he wants to continue with the boy, he feels that there's something wrong with Chance.

"Okay," Dizzy says. "I'll be there soon."

He ends the call and leans back in the passenger seat of the car.

"You're not going home?" Tucker asks.

"I'm going to your house."

"Why?" Tucker asks and pulls out into the road again.

"Chance went on a date with Cindy Kopa tonight and apparently, it didn't end well. He wants me to go see him I guess," Dizzy explains.

"Oh, okay," Tucker says and continues the drive back to his house. "Isn't he going to be suspicious if we show up together?"

"Nah," Dizzy denies. "I don't care."

It isn't long before they arrive back at Tucker's home. He parks the car and is about to open his door before he hears Dizzy speak up.

"Hey," Dizzy says before they exit the car. "Leave your door open tonight."

Tucker is unable to hide the smile that escapes his lips. "Okay."

The two boys with the unknown status in their relationship enter Tucker's home and trudge upstairs. Tucker heads into his own room while Dizzy quietly pushes Chance's door open.

Chance's window is open as he holds a cigarette to his mouth. Smoke puffs out as Dizzy makes his way towards him.

"Diz," Chance says and immediately covers his mouth. "Milo."

"There you go," Dizzy says and offers a small smile. "What's going on? You seem... different."

"How so?"

"You're not your cheerful, flashy self right now," Dizzy says.

Chance breathes out and walks over to Dizzy.

"Let me see something," he says as he closes the distance between them. Chance slowly reaches up his hand to Dizzy's face and Dizzy flinches from the contact.

"What're you-"

"Shh," Chance silences him. He then tilts his head and brings his lips close to Dizzy's who catches a whiff of alcohol.

He's stunned. Dizzy, that is.

But he gathers enough sense to push Chance away who takes a step back.

"Are you drunk?" Dizzy asks.

"No," Chance says. "Look."

He reaches out and grabs Dizzy's hand before he places it on his chest.

"You feel that?" Chance asks.

Dizzy's palm rests against Chance's chest and he feels the pounding of Chance's heart. And it's beating fast.

"What's going on, Chance?" Dizzy asks.

Chance's actions are very unfamiliar and he is completely out of sorts. He releases Dizzy's hand and collapses on his bed.

"Shit," Chance breathes as he lays on his back and stares up at his ceiling.

"Chance," Dizzy says. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

Chance stays silent for a few moments before he gathers what he wishes to say to his friend.

"That was a completely different feeling than when I tried that with Cindy."

"What?" Dizzy asks, looking down at Chance on the bed.

"I felt nothing with Cindy," Chance says and sits up in his bed. He wills himself to look Dizzy in the eyes and continues. "But the second I touched you, my heart started racing."

Now it's Dizzy's turn to remain silent.

"Sorry," Chance apologizes. "You can go now. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Just forget about it."

Dizzy sighs. "No. I'm not going to forget, Chance. We're best friends, man. If there's something you want to tell me, don't hold back. I won't judge you."

"Fuck," Chance says. "I don't remember when I started feeling this way. But, it's been a while. And I haven't done anything about it because of what you just said; we're best friends."

"And?" Dizzy asks.

"Screw it," Chance says. "I like you, Milo. Probably since I first met you, too. You've always been there for me and shit and I know this sounds sappy but I can't help the way I feel. I know you don't feel the same way and I don't want our relationship to change because of what I'm saying so you can pretend this never happened. But yeah, I am buzzed and that's why I'm able to say this right now."

Without a word to Chance's confession, Dizzy walks over to his bed and stretches out his arms, bringing Chance in a warm embrace. Chance returns the hug and Dizzy says, "Thank you. You're very special to me, Chance and that will never change. We'll always be best friends."

"Yeah," Chance says as the two pull away.

Dizzy pats Chance on the shoulder. "You'll find someone way better than this piece of shit," Dizzy tells him and points to himself.

Chance laughs at that. "I hope so."

"I'll see you later, buddy," Dizzy says.

Chance leans back in his bed and brings the cigarette back to his mouth as Dizzy exits his room. Dizzy closes the door and leans his back against it as he releases a deep sigh.

"Shit."

---
Hi, thank you for reading! Let me know what you think (: