Chapter 40: The Tower Of Tomes

Start from the beginning

• 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝙴𝚛𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚎𝚛𝚊
- 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚕𝚍 𝙰𝚐𝚎
- 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢
- 𝚄𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙴𝚛𝚊
- 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚢
- 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝
______________________________________
Elsa muttered something under her breath as she flipped through whitish brown pages. Aiden chuckled as he watched her focus on the task at hand, finding her concentrating face cute. He can't take anything seriously whenever this cutie is around.

Cyra slapped his cheek lightly to snap him out, earning an embarrassed blush from the fire king.

"Here, Summoning Flames." Elsa exclaimed, pushing the book for them to see. Aiden curiously glanced at the side of the page, seeing an old, ancient sketch of a sun and persons basking below it with smiling lips, the sun's rays hitting their faces.

He began to read the words encrypted beside the picture.

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴 (𝘐𝘨𝘯𝘢𝘦𝘳𝘢'𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴) 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘐𝘨𝘯𝘢𝘦𝘳𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘥.

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳, 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘳𝘢𝘺𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘷𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘶𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴.

𝘛𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘺𝘵𝘩, 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘐𝘨𝘯𝘢𝘦𝘳𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘺𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘍𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘺𝘵𝘩 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺.

"Is this some kind of joke?" Aiden muttered under his breath in frustration. Elsa chuckled at his reaction, kissing his cheek, "Well, it's not an official explanation. It's not proven yet, so, nothing, basically."

Aiden smiled against her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, "Let's just check the artifacts out, for the precautionary measures thing. What was the name again?"

Elsa looked around the area, checking if anyone else is nearby. She whispered gently to her husband's ear, "Temptatis Exitium."

Aiden nodded in return, flipping through the pages, until he reached Unit 4. He flipped through a few pages more, until his eyes widened to find the jewelry formed artifact, its sketch very detailed and had taken up an entire page.

"Woah

"Woah.." The two of them murmured.

This artifact may fool you into thinking that is just another pretty jewel to wear around your neck. It possess dark magic, and has multiple uses and abilities for bad schemes. To fool, to hypnotize, and to absorb nearby power.

King Halcyon III's resentful mage had rebelled against him and tried to take the throne, by gathering all of his knowledge about both good and dark sorcery, and putting all his desired offensive actions into this amulet he forged.

This artifact's been thrown away many years ago, officially decreed by King Halcyon III.

"Why didn't they just destroy it long ago?" Elsa questioned in a dumbfounded tone, "By this book's description, it's already proven dangerous."

"Throwing it away is a reckless deed they made. Didn't they think somebody could've picked it up and get fooled by thinking it's just a regular necklace?" Aiden huffed in irritation, "Their insights back then are quite the catch."

"We should tell the King about this." Elsa firmly suggested.

Aiden blinked, "Ignaera has a king?"

Elsa laughed, "You didn't listen well to the short man we have stumbled upon to earlier. He mentioned something about 'wimps' and the king."

Aiden closes the leather book, neatly putting it on the very top of the stack, and quickly puts on his backpack, before declaring, "Then let's go and get through the bottom of this. To the palace?"

Cyra and Elsa nodded, "To the palace." They chorused.