Chapter 40: The Tower Of Tomes

"I think my other wing just broke!" Cyra panted, huffing tiredly as she gave an exhausted squawk and landed on the stone floor sloppily, fiery feathers flying around as she collapsed dramatically.

Aiden had his hands on his knees, his entire form sweaty. He quickly sat down on one of the stairs, taking off his backpack and pulling out a towel to wipe his sweat off, "You're not the only one, mind you. You think I enjoyed that? People around here must be fond of exercise."

While the two complained about the sun's merciless heat, Elsa is the only one who did not even break a single sweat since, being a snow queen has its perks. She has the ability to adjust her body to any warm temperature because of her powers, so if the weather is too hot, she can cool herself off.

"Oh, knock it off you two, it wasn't that long." Elsa giggled, approaching the two calmly.

"Good for you," Aiden replied, taking out his canteen and drinking its content, "I think maybe you have an athletic side, that's why you have that gorgeous form." He smirked.

Elsa deeply blushed, standing stiffly all suddenly after his words. She then motioned for them to follow her, which they without a complaint complied. The snow queen had led them to the entrance of the tower, their eyes widening in awe after they saw what they found inside.

Great heights of books, parchments, and ancient tomes are displayed before their very eyes, reading tables and benches on each aisle in between tall shelves, and large signs hanging from the high ceiling, labels written on them to make researching easier.

"May I help you?" A robotic voice called out.

The three of them turned to a bronze drone that is floating in the air with its metallic gliders. Its face is made up of a black background screen, two red dotted eyes gazing at them patiently.

Elsa carefully nodded, waving a hello politely,  "We need some assistance in finding books all about Ignaera."

The drone's thin line mouth curled into a smile, "At your service, my lady. Calculating, data, about your search... Please wait for awhile as I load.."

Aiden looked at the service drone in a strange way, his brow raising in confusion, turning to the phoenix beside him. Cyra shrugged, looking back at the drone who now insisted for them to follow him.

The trio followed the drone skeptically, the robot leading them into another one of the tower's high shelves in the Historic section. Aiden took a seat on one of the red carpet laid aisle's benches, leaning on the table as he watched the drone fly even higher as he gathered stacks of books and parchments for them on his tray like joint.

The drone finally finished and flew down, carefully putting the books and parchments on the table Aiden was leaning on. Elsa smiled at the drone and thanked him before sitting down with Aiden and Cyra, taking one of the books the drone had gave them.

Elsa laid down a dusty, blue leather covered book with a gold embellished draconic crest on the table, gently opening it and skimming through the table of contents to find what she is looking for.
____________________________________
                  𝕿𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝕺𝖋 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘

• 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗              
𝙲𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚣𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙
𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙷𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢
𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚜
• 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜
• 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚢
• 𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚎𝚛𝚊, 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚍𝚘𝚖 𝙾𝚏 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙼𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌
• 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢