sixteen

An: Hey guys! So this amazing new cover was made especially for us by @Calypso_31 !!! Thank you so much and follow her if you haven't!

Cozy
She was with me, and now we could leave.

I was dragging my sister to a camp with half mythical beings...Great...#1 sister of the year award, -in the bag.

When Annabeth, Percy, Piper and I got to my house, Dorean was already inside. She must have used the key buried near a potted plant.

It wasn't too hard to dig up- an inch at most. Plus Dorean wasn't much like me. Where I excelled in academics, she blossomed in riskier, athletic options. We were polar opposites.

"Hey," I greeted breathlessly, my mind conjuring the million things I had to explain.

She eyed Percy oddly.

"uh, Dorean, these are my friends...Annabeth, Percy, and Piper."

She whispered their names under her breath. She remembered when I told my mom about the new kids, names and all.

Then as two and two made four, she smiled mischievously.
Don't, I gave her a look.

I noticed then that Annabeth started fanning herself.

"I'm going to sit her down,"Percy explained, "start packing. The sooner we leave the better."

"Packing?!" Dorean exclaimed.

"Wait,"I asked, "is she-"

He nodded grimly. I was happy, but.....he didn't look like he was.

"Am I what?!"

Just like me, Dorean tended to ask loads of questions.

I tried to explain, but when I got to the minotaur she laughed.

I finally gave up and sat in the living room with the three.

"She won't budge," I said as I brought down things to put in my luggage. I was planning on packing pictures first, things I couldn't replace, "she doesn't believe me."

"Percy can do his water thing," piper spoke up, "I mean, isn't that what convinced you?"
Sort of. I only believed I was different when a beast didn't try to kill me.

Percy cracked his knuckles, "I'll be back."

"No," Annabeth extended her hand to prevent him from standing, "Piper. You should try to convince her."

Annabeth still looked a little light headed. I guess she wasn't expecting my sister to have my same aura.

"I could do it, but I don't think facts will convince her."

"okay," piper sighed and walked over to Dorean's room.

She came back with her head low.

Annabeth raised her eyebrow.

"She-She's just like you." Piper stared at me with empty eyes.

"Okay,"Percy sighed with a smile. He rubbed his hands, "time to do my thing."

"Hey,"I grabbed his arm, "don't scare her."

He assured me that he wouldn't, but I still followed him to the kitchen.

"Hey Dorean,"I yelled to her, "can you come downfor a second?I think the...fridge is broken!"

"No!" She yelled from upstairs.

"Percy was trying to fix it, but he's taking too long and the ice cream is meeeeeelting!"

She ran down at the name of Percy and beamed With a smile.

I held in a laugh.

Percy just kind of blushed.

I elbowed him.

"Uh-right." He positioned his hands and I waited for the odd dizzying feeling I got the first time he did that.

Just then, a giant RIIIIIIP sounded through the house.

I looked at Percy and instinctly pulled Dorean close.

Then I heard footsteps coming from the back door.

A lady approached.

She had snakes in her hair...no the snakes were her hair.
Medusa, I thought.

No, but no. A name popped into my head...

The wicked snake lady flashed her dangerous teeth.

"Now," she hissed as she strutted down the corridor, "don't mistake me for Medusa."

She reached the kitchen and plucked an apple from the basket with her long, sharp nails.

"Poor, poor Medu was," she hesitated and crushed the apple, "taken away, by a wicked child."

She looked at Percy and bit her tongue. She literally stuck her tongue out and bit it so hard a thin liquid quickly started pouring out.

She smiled again when she noticed I was clutching Dorean.

"I haven't got any manners, do I? I'm Euryale."

I drew my breath. I creased my eyebrows.

I saw flickered movement from my right.

Percy threw his hands over his ears.

She viciously smiled again as if he were worshipping her. She licked the liquid off her face and wiped the excess on her arm, " Care to hear what I have to say?"

An: YAY half a thousand reads!!!!
I hope you liked this chap. Again thank my friend for the cover! Also! The contest will be over by....let's say before I update three or four chapters?
Point is, turn them in soon!
I'm amazed by how many I've already reached! I didn't think I'd get one submission, let alone the many I received!
See you next chapter Babes!
Xx