one

"I wonder," said Annabeth, "if she's immune to our powers."

"Annabeth," Percy said, "only gods are immune to our powers. And that's only certain gods. Piper charm spoke Nike. you're saying- "

"She would know if she were a goddess, right?" Frank looked worried.

Thanks for checking my book out! I hope you enjoy it.
I have short chapters, but I update very frequently. So let me know what you think!

----------------

Picture this: freshmenyear of high school, I navigated through the crowded halls. Now came most miserable part of every teenager's life : P.E.

I walked up to my friend, pretending to be distracted by my phone, but really, it died in third period.

You have to look like you'd rather not talk. Two girls ran behind me making my hair swoosh. An inch and they could have toppled me over. One giggled as the other swept her hair back.

Suddenly, something caught my eye. Either it was because this group was new, or because they wore matching outfits in different colors. They also happened to be where the girls were heading.

Seven of them stood talking while another ran up to people, making conversation.

I really felt bad for them, orange was not a good color. But strangely, they looked amazingly good in it.

"Who are they?" I asked my friend Irma.

She looked up from her phone, "Oh, who, them? They've just been standing there since I got here. They haven't talked to any teacher or anything."

Then, two of my other P.E torture buddies come up, "Guys guess what," that was Jenna, "Desiree had a crush on the dude with the blonde hair. She says their getting married."

"I did not!"Desiree blushed, "he's just hot."

"You say that about every guy you meet." I laughed

She rolled her eyes and Irma, Jenna and I laughed again.

"It's fitness day today isn't it?" Desiree tried changing the topic, "you know I almost died the-"

"Hello ladies," it was that kid in the orange shirt.

He had curly brown hair, and just like most people in southern California, he looked Mexican.

The Talking Tom, too apparently, "What's going on?"

Desiree, ever hastily responded, "Just talking."

"Prefect! I love talking. What about exactly?" I wondered if this is what he was asking everyone else.

"Fitness day, that's today. Dude I'm tired, I stayed up all night last night trying to finish my Spanish homework." Jenna talked as if the kid were a regular old pal.

"oh, I know I didn't do half of it but, I'm going to say I didn't understand it." Irma conversed about her teacher's nasty writing as the boy stared at everyone with fascination.

The only one not acting weird was Desiree, only because she was fixing her hair and laughing at a conversation about Spanish homework.

Seriously, but she did this with every boy.

"Do you?" He asked me.

I had zoned out.

"Do I what?"

The girls giggled

"Do you have trouble reading?"

"Like Mr. Malvin's writing? I don't have him. I'm taking sophomore Spanish." I leaked to him.

"Así que eres inteligente" he had a forced smile on him.

"Cozy is really smart." Desiree smiled proudly, understanding Spanish.

"Cozy?" The kid laughed.

I got asked this by everyone. Every. Single. Day.

"It's short for Kosmos. Only with a k. But Cozy, Cosmos, I guess they're similar." Repeating my speech, once again.

And I'm not even lying when I say that he spun around. Like a little dance move.

"Okay I'll see you later." He grabbed my wrist, "Seriously don't leave."

He left half jogging, half skipping to his friends who opened their circle for him to enter.

"That was scary." I said to my Dumbstruck friends.

"Stalker," sang Desiree.

"Shut up, you were totally drooling," Jenna fought back.

AN:

So this is the first book I've ever written. I hope you like it so far and feel free to add suggestions or ideas! Thanks.

Also, Leo does not fall in love with Calypso, so he is still single here. And I know they're not Freshman age, but I liked the idea, so there you go.

-Xx