⊱⊰ 47: The Earth Master's Call ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

"Could it be that there was a mistake?" she finally asked. "I mean, we didn't see any other roads that would take us to different areas."

"The probability of a magical item to make a mistake is very low," said Kazuya. "Why would it give us wrong information?"

"To mislead us?" guessed Garoh. "Remember that the stars did everything to avoid wrong people to find the Elements."

As silence fell, Arisa examined the necklace that was still glowing with bright light. She rubbed its smooth surface, telling herself that they were not the wrong people the item was trying to mislead.

Thelma placed her left arm on her hip. "So what do we do now?"

The deeper we grow the farther we go.

Arisa blinked a few times, focusing her view back to the glowing item.

"Eklipta," said Arisa, "what are you trying to tell us?"

Thelma walked forward, illuminating the wall in front of them.

"There's no way we can go deeper," she said. "There's a huge wall in front of us."

"Maybe the Master is hidden behind this wall," said Kazuya, touching the surface. "We should destroy it to get there."

Arisa saw Garoh joining Kazuya and Thelma, who were examining the obstacle thoughtfully.

"I wonder how thick it is," said Thelma. "My strength may have increased when I first inherited my powers, but I'm not sure I'll be strong enough to create a new path."

"Hm," said Kazuya, folding his arms. "Usually Earth Guardians are blessed with super strength besides their special abilities. Garoh, do you think you can destroy this wall?"

Garoh touched the wall. He then examined his surroundings.

"I can try but," said Garoh, looking around again, "I think it's risky. I'm still getting used to super strength. It's a tricky ability and if I don't control it properly we may get buried by the debris thanks to the impact and we may also catch unwanted attention."

"Then, what do you suggest?" asked Kazuya.

Garoh touched his jaw. "We should examine Eklipta's words and guess what it really means."

A short silence fell as the team thought of Eklipta's words.

"The deeper we grow the farther we go," Arisa repeated Eklipta's words. "Deeper we grow...grow."

Arisa's brows arched as realization switched in her mind.

"Of course," said Arisa, approaching Garoh. "The Master of Earth is talking to you Garoh."

Garoh raised a brow. "Me? Why?"

"Because Earth is Capricorn's element," said Arisa, smiling. "And as an Earth Guardian, you're the only one in our team with the ability of growth. You can summon roots and trunks."

Garoh's brows arched and he quickly gazed at the wall by his side.

"I see," said Kazuya. "The Master of Earth must want you to create a path by destroying part of the wall with the growth ability."

Garoh rubbed his hand on the wall. "Usually the roots I summon are inverse. They grow bigger on the external side and not on the surface supporting them. I've never done the opposite before."

"Well, we won't lose anything if you try." Thelma patted his shoulder. "Besides, you've summoned trunks before, you can force their roots to grow deeper."

Garoh gazed at her thoughtfully before he faced the wall by his side. He inhaled and placed his hand on it, circling around the surface it was touching.