Chapter 37: The Journey Starts

"For the hundredth time, Anna, you can't come with us. The kingdom must have security, you heard Pabbie." Elsa sighed, putting on her travel suit from their last journey. Anna whined wildly, thrashing on her sister and brother in law's bed, then sat up stubbornly, "How come you guys get the fun stuff while we just sit around and do nothing?"

Elsa rolled her eyes, as she propped up on her boots, "I'm sorry to burst your bubble, Anna, but guarding a kingdom is no easy task. You're lucky Captain Lars is a professional, Arendelle is a pacifist kingdom."

"But what if you lose yourself again?"

"I won't. I promise you, I will never lose myself ever again." Elsa's face softened, hugging the strawberry blond in assurance, "My powers are stronger this time, and we have new allies, supernatural ones, mind you."

Anna smiled slyly, "Just be careful, okay? Return home safely. You're the only one I have left. Please."

Elsa nodded, squeezing her sister's hand, "I promise."

"Love? Are we all set?" Aiden's voice went through the door, "Coming, lover!" Elsa called back, then turned to Anna, "Anna, the kingdom."

Anna grinned, "You don't have to hesitate. We have a pungent reindeer king, a giant snow monster, Lieutenant Matthias, Captain Lars, a happy little snowman and a fire bird."

Elsa smiled sheepishly, "About the fire bird, Cyra's coming with us."

Anna groaned, "Oh fine. But remember, travel as safe as possible, are we clear?"

Elsa smiled, nodding, "Crystal. We're not traveling with a ship, for goodness sake. Anna, I really have to go now. Bye!"

Anna embraced her one last time before letting her go.

Elsa dashed up next to Aiden in the courtyard, who had a backpack filled to the brim with supplies they'll be needing for their journey. He donned a travel coat and a plain shirt underneath, with comfortable pants and mountain boots. Cyra perched on top of his shoulder, looking somewhat bored.

"Hey," Aiden smiled, kissing her lips as she went up to him. Elsa blushed, "We're all set." She reported. Aiden nodded and took her arm gently, the couple exiting the castle grounds and began heading out for the Enchanted Forest.

____________________________________

Deep in the dungeons, the noise of a falling bag of coins could be heard echoing throughout its dark depths, as a cloaked figure's eyes wandered to the swirling light of a portal. His evil grin grew as he stepped foot onto the new world he will finally fool and conquer.

"Just you wait, son. You're going to regret taking everything away from me. But you know what? I'm glad you did. Because this time, I have it a billion times better."
____________________________________

After taking a quick stop at the Enchanted Forest, Aiden and Elsa reached the outskirts of the sea the water spirit, Nokk, is living in. It took them endless three hours of hiking to reach the Enchanted Forest, since it's naturally on a high mountain range, and they took another long hour for them to reach the sandy outskirts.

They tiredly sat on a nearby boulder, Cyra resting herself on her master's head, curling comfortably and began to nap as if his hair was her nest. Aiden rolled his eyes good naturedly as Elsa laughed.

They gazed out at the no longer dark horizon, now a nightsky filled with its twinkling stars and the sea no longer wild and thrashing, its waves smoothly gliding one by one. Aiden scooted closer to his queen, snaking an arm around her waist, ignoring the shuffling phoenix on his head, "So, we're alone..."

Elsa gasped and blushed, slapping his shoulder, leaning closer to his lips, "Do I have to zap you with ice to keep the naughty king in line?"

Aiden smirked, "I mean, we're married. But I do have a question for you I've been wanting to ask you for a while now. It's alright if you don't want to answer.."

Elsa's brow raised in confusion, "What is it?"

"... Love, do you want a baby?"

Dead silence.

"It wouldn't hurt to have one.. But I want to take things a bit slow since we just got married, and we have lots of duties to take care of and I don't want our child to feel alone, just like how Anna felt."

"Oh Elsa, he or she will never be alone. And you'll make a wonderful mother, I swear. You're so selfless and loving, you have a lot of room in your heart, I can just imagine it. But I'm not rushing you, minn elska. I was just curious, that's all. We will take that step once we're both ready, okay?" He said, taking her hands and brushing his lips against her knuckles.

"Okay." She answered, wrapping her arms around him sleepily, caressing his cheek as her eyes drooped. Aiden smiles and kissed her fingers softly, lifting her up gently. He sat down on the soft sand, brushing off some dust from his pants and lay her on his lap.

Aiden nuzzles her nose, saying, "Go to sleep, snowflake. I'm right here."

Elsa smiles and lifted her head, and pressed her lips against his, pulled away and lay back down, propping her hands up on her stomach and closed her eyes, sleep beginning to take over her. Aiden petted Cyra's feathers, before drifting off himself.

As the three slept, the mystical water spirit rose from the flesh of his habitat; his glowing eyes watching over the group to secure their safety.
____________________________________
"Sigrid boy, wake up."

The eighteen years old guard groggily opened his hazel brown eyes, rubbing his head in annoyance to the pain that bloomed on it, his body felt like it was crashed because of a dozen of heavy bricks. His vision fully recovered, now staring into the furious face of Captain Lars. He immediately regretted regaining his consciousness, trembling in fear to find the tall, burly man locking eyes with him, withering in disappointment.

Lars angrily lifted the smaller frightened man, by pulling the edge of his collar with strength. His warm breath hits the neck of the lower ranked, pinning him against the cobblestone wall darkly.

"A-alright, cap'n, there's no need for violence.."

"NO NEED FOR VIOLENCE?!" Lars roared, "The man that had been cased with attempted murder of the king had escaped because of your foolishness! If I wasn't even ranked captain, I'd throw you in hell in an instant!"

The smaller man whimpered, remaining silent.

"Do you always have to screw things up?! I swear, all you have to do is sit on the damn chair, make sure not a single crap goes wrong, well what the hell, that's it!"

And the two guards knew they are both screwed.