Die Gesellschaft der Wölfe (PART 3)

Chapter 9

Die Gesellschaft der Wölfe

The Company of Wolves

PART 3

Rosie was watching from a distance as Dempsey sat down at the bar. She thought that she would try to impress Dempsey by making him a few drinks that her sister showed her back when they worked at a club. They both interchanged places and worked as bartenders and singers.

Rosie went behind the bar and decided to give him the silent treatment to see if he would speak to her.

"Oh. Hey...."

As she finished mixing up a long island iced tea, she turned around to face him.

"Here 'ya go. Drink up."

"Thanks." Tank took a large gulp and set the cup down. "Mmmm, this is good."

"That's a long island iced tea."

"Well, whatever it is, you mixed it well."

"Thanks, Dempsey. I wasn't sure if you would even like it."

"I'm tense and stressed out right now, so I will swallow anything."

Surprised at the innuendo, Rosie spewed and spilled her ale she was drinking as the sweet apple aroma soaked into her tank top.

"Aaaawwww, son of a frickin'---ggrrrrr!!!" Rosie threw her empty ale cup and shattered it against the wall.

"Hey, you alright?" Tank asked.

"Yeah, I'm peachy keen. I just spilled my drink all over my favorite shirt."

"Oh, that's too bad...whoa..."

She was facing Tank when he started to stare.

"What's wrong?" Then she looked in the mirror. He could see right through her shirt. To say this was an awkward moment would be an understatement. "Oh, shit! I am so sorry 'bout this. Please excuse me."

Rosie scrambled out of the bar and ran upstairs to the barricaded bathroom area where she kept her stash of clothes. She took off her drenched shirt and bra as well as her soggy underwear and pants. She quickly threw on the first things she could see: underwear, sports bra, a towel, a dark red frock (dress) and a twin-tailed coat.

Suddenly, Rosie started to cry. Embarrassed over a stupid joke Tank made and making a complete mess of herself. What's worse is Tank saw through her wet t-shirt. As she made her way back to the saloon, she tried to force herself to stop crying just as Dempsey bumped into her.

"Hey, Tank."

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Dempsey asked.

"Tank, I-I'm sorry." The waterworks came back with a vengeance.

"What for?"

"For spilling ale on me and making a ditz of myself. For being so clumsy."

"Oh, that? Heh, was actually pretty funny."

"What the fu--? Are you kidding me?! I nearly had a panic attack by the effing bathrooms! I was so embarrassed. I had to go change 'cause you could see right through my damn shirt and I didn't know what to think or what you were thinking of me...! I didn't want you to think I was just some ditzy, clumsy little--"

Her embarrassed rant was stopped in its tracks when Dempsey laid a hard, passionate kiss on her lips and snaked his arms around her waist.

Once he felt her body soften and loosen, he broke the kiss.