Wir sind nicht alleine...

Chapter 1

Wir sind nicht alleine...

We Are Not Alone...

Zelma's POV

This old, abandoned theater wasn't much of a home, but it was enough of a shelter for my sister and I to recuperate before moving on. Now that it was just us two, we couldn't stay in one place for very long anymore. The lobby had a raised, circular pad in front of the double doors we managed to hold shut with a bit of rope tied around the knobs. We moved some of the furniture away from the barricade in the event that we would need to leave this theater and relocate. There were a pair of curved staircases on either side of us. To the right of us in the corner was a bar or some kind of area for drinks and food.

I looked around the entire lobby, scanning every bit of this place with my eyes while my sister snooped around the place on her own. Being the glutton of the two of us, she made a beeline for the bar.

"Hey, Zia! Look!" She put her arms around it like she was giving it a hug. It was rounded, somewhat square-shaped. "It says...Quick Revive."

"That's good, Rose...could come in handy later." I mumbled to myself as I continued to walk forward towards the set of double doors between the stairs...until another familiar object caught my eye: Dr. Monty's Gobblegum.

"That's even better." I muttered. "Moving on...."

The double doors were locked. There was another boarded up area to the right of them. Looks like the zombie hordes must have gotten in here, too. The doors to the left down the corridor were locked, too.

"Scheisse (shit)! No luck here, either." I jogged up to the front of the lobby. "Rosie, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

After a wooden clatter, Rosemary groaned. "These doors up here are locked, too, Zee. This map says we're in the lobby."

I started to make my way up the right stairs. "Looks like we'll have to wait awhile, sis."

I glanced at the map my sister was looking over. Drawn out with chalk, scribbled and fairly easy to read. Lightbulbs were placed on the map, too, for some odd reason. I was looking at the bottom portion last; apparently, that circular pad was a teleportation device. There was an even bigger teleporter in the theater on the stage behind the first pair of doors I came across.

The stage or the saloon would be a good place to stay for awhile until the next wave of zombies come again. But until we can unlock the doors, we're stuck here. Scheisse, I have zero fucks to give right now. I lost both my parents and my husband to the hordes. I've lost every-fucking-thing. Rosemary is all I have. And I'm all she's got. The last thing my sister and I needed was to lose our parents. We got separated one time, and we nearly get swarmed by zombies. If it weren't for the fact that Rosie is a zombie magnet, it'd be easier on us to survive the undead monsters.

My mixed emotions and thoughts were disrupted when my sister made a comment on another object that I found weird and, in this case, hated with a passion.

"This teddy bear's seen better days..."

"That's gross...and creepy." I nearly gagged at the caked blood on the miserable stuffed animal. "Don't touch it, Rosie." I growled

"C'mon, why not?"

"Just leave it alone."

"Ugh, fine..."

Suddenly, I heard demonic screams coming from the front doors to the lobby and low growls, echoing from the boarded up areas downstairs.

"About time they showed up...." Rosie said with a hint of sarcasm.