Chapter 36: Her Betrayal

"Goodmorning, lovebirds!" Anna cheerfully greeted over the awoken newly weds, kissing her sister's cheek and patting her brother in law's back.

Elsa smiled at her sister before ruffling her hair, "Good morning to you too."

Anna grumbled at her now bird nest hair, fixing it with a groan, "I worked hard on that braid!"

Elsa stuck out her tongue coolly, earning a laugh from Kristoff. Anna scowled at her husband childishly, another hearty laugh coming from him as she did. The four of them sat down around the table, their eyes looking at the flavored and delicious dishes hungrily. They began to eat silently, Anna struggling on getting the control of herself over the chocolate syrup she and Elsa are obsessed with.

"Hey sis?"

"Hm?"

"I know our bedrooms are just next door, and earlier, maybe five? I saw the entire front wall frozen. I do have an idea you two have a relation to that?" Anna asked suspiciously.

Aiden and Elsa exchanged looks and then blushed beet red, Elsa most especially. Aiden tried his best to focus on his pancakes, while his wife buried her face in her hands to hide her burning face.

Kristoff's eyes widened in realization, "Oh. Oh! I see." He chortled and smirked after he gets the idea. Anna's lips formed into a teasing smile once she followed the idea after the prince.

Elsa finally recovered, continuing to eat her waffles. Anna snickered, but held her laughter firmly. Kristoff pinched her arm as a warning to not get carried away. Aiden calmly sipped his tea, wrapping an arm around his wife's waist as he did.

"So, how do you both feel right now?" The strawberry blond asked curiously.

Aiden grinned, sharing a smile with his beloved. He pressed his lips against Elsa's forehead sweetly, answering for her, "It's refreshing and overwhelming at the same time, but over all, it's glorious. My heart feels so complete like nothing can ever destroy it."

Kristoff folded his arms, "That's good to hear. Anyways, what are your plans today?"

Anna gleefully suggested, "I was hoping to visit Grandpabbie and the others today."

Aiden and Elsa looked at each other in affirmation, "We're coming with you."

Anna and Kristoff exchanged looks, enstranged.
____________________________________
Valley of the Living Rocks

"You three had brought a dear guest, I see?" Says the elder troll, his gaze drifting to the fire king that stood beside his wife awkwardly. Anna nodded affirmatively, pulling the newly coronated king closer to Grandpabbie, "He's Elsa's husband, Aiden. Their wedding was yesterday."

The elder troll's mouth formed into a smile, "The new king of Arendelle. Elsa has chosen a fine man, I have to say. Congratulations to you both."

Elsa blushed and bowed her head in gratitude, "Thank you."

Anna pursed her lips, nervously saying, "We thought you and Bulda can... Help, with some mystery about his abilities."

Grandpabbie raised a brow in confusion and utter shock, "A-abilities?"

Elsa stepped forward, confirming, "Grandpabbie, he's just like me. But his isn't of ice. His consists of fire."

Grandpabbie breathed a gasp, sharing a look with Bulda who stood beside him with her shocked expression. He firmly locked eyes with the young king, "Magic can be found anywhere. But a human possessing it—it's very rare. It lurks everywhere, not just in the Enchanted Forest or Ahtohallan. It comes in different forms, especially in fire and ice. Are you born with it, or cursed?"