Chapter 10: Fragment of the past

Comenzar desde el principio

Vampires...

Katsuki had always thought that vampires are just monsters that exist in stories but right now, right in front of him, is the monster that he never thought that he'd meet.

"Oh my, it seems like I've been seen. Based on the smell... you must be their son right? My, you sure look like your mother a lot. Both of you have a really beautiful red eyes." She said, licking her fangs.

At that moment, Katsuki felt something snapped inside him.

He wanted to cry and scream. He wanted to kill that fucking bitch with his own hands for murdering his family and taking away Izuku's last family member. However, he was well aware of that fact that he'll definitely die because a normal human couldn't possibility fought against a vampire unprepared and empty-handed.

Yet, he doesn't want to run away from that cruel and horrible monster. Which is probably why he found himself running towards that vampire. There's so much rage building up inside him and all he can think of is to make that fucking bitch pay for what she has done!

The vampire stops smiling and jump off the roof of the car. At the same timing, a gunshot was heard and Katsuki stopped in his track.

The bullet missed her as she landed on the ground. Without a word, she begin to run away and quickly disappear from Katsuki's sight. Everything happens way too fast for Katsuki to catch up. The monster that murdered his parents got away... he fucking let that monster get away!

"WAIT! YOU BASTARD-"

"Don't think about chasing after that vampire. If I didn't stop you in time, you'd get yourself killed. Just like those people in that car."

A deep male voice cuts Katsuki's off.

Turning around to face the stranger behind him, Katsuki saw a man with black hair and tired eyes staring at him. And the man's carrying a silver gun with smoke coming out from the gun's barrel, a clear evidence that he's the one who tried to shoot that vampire just now.

"Can that gun kill that fucker?" Katsuki asked.

The man was caught off guard by that question as he didn't expected that the first thing Katsuki'd ask would be this. He was very familiar with the look in Katsuki's eyes. He has seen it many times before after all. Many of those who lost their families and friends to the vampires would have that look... the look that shows that they want nothing more than to kill the vampires with their own hands for the sake of revenge.

"Listen kid, I know you're angry and upset but listen to me, that isn't an opponent you can fight against. That vampire is-"

"JUST ANSWER ME!" Katsuki shouted, clenching his fists tightly. There was a long silence between them. Just when Katsuki's about to shout at the stranger again, the older male spoke up.

"...Yeah. She may be a pure blooded vampire but a few shot to her head will be able to put her down."

"Is there any requirement that is needed in order to join your organization?"

"Sadly, none. Our organization will welcome anyone as long as they are willing and has no problem with killing vampires." The man replied honestly. Then, he narrowed his eyes on Katsuki and warned. "If you're thinking about joining, do think about it carefully. It's a dangerous job where you could lost your life at any time."

Katsuki eyed the car where his dead parents is. He's not afraid of dying, he can be sure of that. If anything, he just don't want to see someone he know ended like that. Katsuki doesn't have many friends to begin with, since he told himself that he don't need them. But Izuku is different and Katsuki doesn't want him to die in the same way as their parents. Izuku may be smiling and living a peaceful life today but nobody knows what will happen tomorrow.