Chapter 2- Weigh In

BRITTANY'S POV

"Are you done?" Lea asks me.

Lea is the girl who has the room next door to me. We aren't friends at all she just takes my food and eats it for me. She has a eating disorder too. But she is actually obsessed with food. She makes me sick just looking at her when she eats. I don't know how she does it. You can hardly make out what is fat and what's face. It was a shame actually because she could be really attractive to guys if she lost some weight. They starve her and serve me a feast when I don't even want it. Logic. Gotta love it.

"Yeah." I hand her my tray that has nothing touched but one bite taken from the hashbrowns and one from the ham. I couldn't help it for once. Just less crackers I can eat later.

She rushes out of my room and into hers probably to go hide and eat in the bathroom. I sighed and got out of my bed and put on a plain hot pink t-shirt and black short shorts. I walked over to my bag of belongings in a corner of my room and got out my nail polish and painted my nails white and black little patterns on the middle fingers; my favorite fingers.

I always loved doing my nails. I even did them for the nurses on their lunch breaks. I guess you could say I was pretty good. I could do anything on your nails. You name it and I could do it.

I finished getting dressed and walked over to the bathroom and straightened my long black hair and put on eye shadow, eye liner, and mascara to make my brown eyes pop. (Keep in mind she looks like Selena Gomez)

I smile at my facial appearance, but then make my eyes down to my stomach. I turn to the side and lift up my shirt and look at how thin my waist is. When I seen my ribs, it made me feel a rush of happiness and made me feel a little prettier for a quick second. Like I fitted in for a quick moment, which was good enough for me. You may say that's sick to think that way, but that's just the way my mind works.

I walk out of the bathroom and out of my room. I meet Natalie in the observation room across the hall, holding her clip board, writing down the weight of a new girl I've never seen before. She was skinny like me. Actually what I thought was too skinny, shockingly. Her face was lacking skin or any puff, her arms were so bony that her skin was seeping through the details of the way your bones are structured. She was basically a walking skeleton with skin on top. It scared me but I knew I would never go that far. She looked weak. I felt bad for her if she went to these extents to become this skinny.

"Sweetie, if you don't eat, you WILL die." Natalie depressingly told her and escorted her out of the room and to the other nurse to show her, her room.

I walk in and take off my flip flops and sigh.

"Please tell me that your goal isn't to get like her." Natalie randomly brings up.

I don't say a word, I just sigh because I didn't know what was going too far. It looked bad, but I in some way was jealous of that girl.

She keeps a straight face and sighs at me and helps me up onto the scale as she clears it.

We stand there in silence as she waits for the scale to read a weight. I glared at the weight for a quick second as she was writing it down.

85 pounds. 27 more pounds and I could be released from this hell hole. They told me I had to be at 112 pounds before they could release me. As for where I would go when I was released, I honestly don't know. Maybe they'll have me live with foster parents or something until I'm 18. I don't care as long as they aren't control freaks who won't give me my freedom that I've been craving for 3 years now.

I step off the scale and follow Natalie out of the observation room and into my room. She hasn't said a word since I stepped off of the scale. Haven't even made any facial expressions or anything. It was weirding me out.

"What's wrong?" I say as I sit on my couch and watch her come over to me after she shuts the door behind my entrance.

"What can I do to get you to eat? Because the scale keeps saying you've been gaining weight and yet, I haven't seen you change your eating habits for 3 years now." She says crossing her arms staring down at me, making me feel interrogated.

"Just leave me alone. I'll get to the goal weight. You don't need to worry about how." I become defensive quickly.

She maintained her uncomfortable-looking straight face and proceeded to walk over to my medicine cabinet that she has the only key to. She pulls out the long, blue medicine bottle and poured out 2 pills. They were fiber pills I think. I don't know exactly what it was for but I just know it helped me from getting too weak of an immune system.

She hands me the two pills and a water bottle. And like a professional, I swallow it no problem. By the time I finish, Natalie was already out of my room. Door shut and all.

I sit on my couch next to Emma, curled up in a ball in my sweatshirt. I pet her and she looks up at me, squinting eyes, and immediately purrs which makes me smile. She had literally the loudest purr you'd ever hear come out of a cat. It was adorable. I lay my head down on her stomach and listen to the purrs and concentrate on the soothing vibrations on my face. It was like a satin, vibrating pillow. Very soothing. So soothing I end up falling asleep.