I'll do anything for my kingdom, I'm even putting my life and happiness away for them. I need to know and this time I can't wait anymore.

I walked back to the castle and started packing my stuff. I need to go back to our castle. I need to know what's happening.

I can't just stay here and watch knight after knight being brought here in crates to bury and hoping it's not Leo and her group.

All the knights are sacrificing their lives for us to live, but I'm starting to doubt if we deserve it.

I need to do something. I know I'm following my heart instead of my head and I know it's very irresponsible and impulsive and it might get me killed, but I can't help it. I can't be a dead fish anymore.

I finished packing my stuff. I looked around. Where can I get an armor?

I walked out of the castle with a hood on my head so no one could recognize me. I sneaked in one of the barracks and saw layers and layers of armors. I can't help but smile.

I started to wear them. Oh god, this is heavy. I lifted the helmet and put it in my head.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and saw a normal knight. No one would recognize me in this.

I walked out of the barracks and acted like I'm one of them. I went straight to the back of the castle hoping that one of the tunnel exits are open and not guarded.

I sneaked in one of the underground stairs leading down to the tunnel. I stopped and peaked at the corner and saw a knight in patrol.

Shit.

I waited there for a few minutes and saw another knight come and speak to the one guarding the gate. "Hey, What time will your watch end?" The knight asked.

The other knight looked bored "Why?" He asked.

"Because I'll be the one to replace you when you have your break. I'm new, they told me to ask you what to do" He informed.

The other knight nodded "I'm actually going to have my break now. Your job is to just stand there and don't let anyone get in the gate" he instructed.

The younger knight nodded and I watched as the other one left.

This is my perfect chance, the other knight warned him and said not to let anyone in, he didn't say anything about anyone getting out.

I stood tall getting ready to walk out then suddenly someone pulled me back to the side I yelped from the surprise. 

"What do you think you're doing?" He removed my helmet and his eyes widened "Your highness what are you doing?"

I looked up and saw Fendrel. I pulled my arm back "It's none of your business" I said grumpily.

I tried reaching for my helmet in his hands but he pulled it away. "Are you planning on running away?" He asked.

"Leave me alone Fenrel" I replied.

He shook his head "You could get yourself killed your highness. You're also going to get married in a few months and you're the only heir"

Why does everyone keep on mentioning the marriage?

I reached for the helmet again and this time I got it "I don't care Fendrel, I need to know what's happening in our kingdom. No one seems to care anyway" I said.

Fendrel sighed "If I told you what's happening will you stay out of trouble?"

I shrugged "It depends. Are you still going to update me if something in the future happens?"

Fendrel groaned slightly "I'm already putting myself in a lot of trouble for only considering telling you"

"No one's going to know that you told me Fendrel" I convinced him.

He nodded slightly "Okay fine, I'll tell you, but first, we need to go back to one of the barracks and get rid of that armor on you. It looks like you're carrying twice your weight"

It definitely feels like it's twice my weight.

I nodded and we started walking. When we arrived at the barracks I returned all the armor and sat on one of the benches waiting for him to talk.

He closed the door behind him and stood in front of me "I want you to be responsible for the information that I'm going to share with you. I don't want you sneaking away from the castle again, okay?"

I just nodded.

He sighed "I can't believe I'm doing this" he mumbled. "Remember when The Savages suddenly retreated?" I moved closer and nodded.

"The reason they retreated is because of Leo's team. They penetrated their base and freed the prisoners. That's how we got the news, our knights who were imprisoned arrived a few days ago with Leo and her team's horses" He said.

My eyes widened "Are they alright?" I asked.

Fedrel sighed "The knights that arrived are fine, injured but fine. But I couldn't say the same for Leo's team. The knights said they didn't have any choice but to leave"

I'm suddenly filled with worry "What happened to Leo's team?"

Fendrel sat beside me on the bench "The knights said that one of them is injured badly and couldn't stand up, and they said that when they left they saw all The Savages that retreated from here arrived when Leo and her team are still inside, so it's impossible for them to get away" he said sadly.

My eyes started to water and I started thinking of things to do "Can't we send back up to help them? Or maybe just another team to help them get away?" I panicked.

Fendrel shook his head "It's too risky especially when we already lost too many knights. Some of them are saying that they wouldn't have even survived that" he looked down.

My tears started to fall from my eyes "This can't be happening. They were only trying to save us"

Fendrel rubbed my back to comfort me "And they did. The Savages retreated and we got our kingdom back. We're traveling back in a couple of weeks. We're going home"

I put my head in my hands and cried like I've never cried before. Leo's my home.

Suddenly I feel my body giving up and I heard Fendrel calling me in panic, then everything turned black.

♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘

A/N: Thank you so much for everyone reading, voting, and commenting. You guys are amazing, I still can't believe this has 30k views already 😭