Chapter Nine.

A/N: Trigger.

Author's POV.

-3 years later.-

Everything had changed.

Castiel didn't have anyone anymore.

Sam and Jessica lost contact with him.

Lucifer had passed because of a car crash.

And Dean hasn't said a word to him in a year.

His life wasn't getting any better.

Only worse.

The urges have started to get ahold of him. He has went to attempt to kill himself, but couldn't bring himself to do it.

Tonight, thought, seems to be different.

There's faint music playing through the house. It was Dean's favorite song.

Castiel sat at the table, looking at his folded hands as he cried silently.

---

"Sammy!" Dean said, excitedly as he opened the door to reveal his little brother. They haven't seen each other in a while. Sam was going to college, leaving Jessica with Adrian.

"Hey, Dean," Sam said, smiling. He looked behind him to see Jessica walking up behind him with Adrian.

"Hello, Dean, Anna," Jessica said as Anna came into view. Dean stepped aside, letting them in.

"Let's get this party started!"

---

Sobs raked through his body.

Castiel knew Dean and Anna were together.

They have been for almost two years.

He ran his hands through his hair, gripping it in fists and pulling tight, screaming.

"Why can't I be happy!" He screamed, crying louder. He stood up, walking to his room and grabbing the one thing that wouldn't fail him.

A gun.

---

"So, how have you guys been?" Jessica asked Dean and Anna.

"We've been wonderful! Everything has been working out," Anna said, grabbing Dean's hand and squeezing, making him smile.

"Have you guys talked to Castiel in a while?" Sam asked, as if just coming to realization that he was an actual person still. Everyone went silent except for the laughs coming from Adrian who was playing with his toys.

"No, I haven't. I haven't talked to him at all in like a year, now that I think about it," Dean said.

I hope he's okay. Dean thought to himself.

In all honesty, he did love Castiel. He really did, but Anna was the one who was there for him rather than him be there for her. He fell for her and he couldn't control it. She was someone to rant to about Cas.

"Well, its whatever. Hopefully he's living a way better life," Sam said, smiling.

"Yeah," Jessica said, a small sigh escaping her lips. "Well, let's have fun rather than get upset!" She said, laughing.

Everyone agreed.

---

Castiel was sat at the table again. Three things sitting in front of him as the tears kept coming.