Chapter 8

Tatiana POV

Hey guys. I'm back and I'm better. These last 12 years have been good. I got therapy and it worked. I needed to talk to someone about what I had went through and when I did, everything got better. I graduated from college 3 years ago. I got my degree in Criminal Justice and Social Work. I work with juveniles in the prison system. I have a certain connection with these young kids because I once was them. I mainly go to the prisons here in Atlanta but today, I'm heading to Indiana. I am going to Madison's to speak with the girls in there.

I'm actually getting ready to go now. My flight leaves in about 20 minutes. They just started letting people board the plane.
*
*
*
*
*
My flight just landed. I got my bags and then went to rent a car. When I got it, I headed to my hotel.

When I checked in, I went up to my room. I quickly showered and conditioned my hair before getting out and getting dressed.

 I quickly showered and conditioned my hair before getting out and getting dressed

I let my hair curl up and then put on some lip gloss before I left. I drove off in the direction of Madisons. When I pulled up, my mind was flooded with memories. Good and bad.

I parked and then walked up. I was let in and then I went through all of the security checkpoints before they led me back to the wardens office.

I knocked and he said to come in.

It's the same warden that was here 12 years ago when I was.

Lancaster: Tatiana. It's good to see you doing so well.

I smiled.

Me: Thank you. It's good seeing you as well. It's been so long since I've been inside these walls.

Lancaster: That's a good thing.

I nod. It is. It really is.

Me: Are you guys ready for me to go out and speak with the girls?

Lancaster: Yes. They're all already out in the rec room waiting. Let's go.

He lead me out and down the hall to the rec room.

There were about 35 girls in here.

We walked up to the front of the room and Lancaster introduced me.

Lancaster: Girls this is Tatiana Johnson, our guest today. Let's turn our attention to her and be respectful.

They all turned their attention to me.

Me: Hello everyone. I'm Tatiana. I have degrees in Criminal Justice and Social Work. I go around to different juvenile detention centers to speak with young girls about life after you get out. Do you all have any questions for me before we get started?

A girl towards the back raised her hand.

Me: Yes.

Her: Where are you from?