Chapter 3

Tatiana POV

I been living here with my dad for about a month now. I got acclimated to school and everything pretty fast. Today we are having a family cookout. I'm getting to meet the rest of the family today. I'm pretty excited cause we have a lot of cousins and I'm meeting my grandparents for the first time today too.

We all got up this morning and had breakfast before helping finish cleaning up around the house and stuff.

I finished helping them in the living room and then I went upstairs to my room.

I went and when I walked in, I knew I had like five minutes to get this room spotless before my dad comes in and starts yelling at me. I was supposed to clean my room last night but I went to sleep while. I was watching Pretty Little Liars. And the really bad part is, I kinda sorta already told him that I had cleaned my room already.

In the middle of me picking up a shirt off the floor,someone knocks on my door and then it opens.

I turn around and see my dad who does not look happy right now.

Dad-Really Tatiana?

Me-Dad, I'm sorry I didn't finish cleaning in here last night but I fell asleep and.....

Dad-Just finish cleaning up in here and then get ready ok?

Me-Yes sir.

He walked out and left me to finish cleaning.

I'm so glad he did not cuss me out or yell at me this morning.

I finished cleaning my room and then I went and took my shower and did my hygiene stuff.

When I came out, I went in my closet to find some clothes for today. Its going to be hot so I'm definitely about to wear some shorts or something.

 Its going to be hot so I'm definitely about to wear some shorts or something

Once I finished getting dressed, I went downstairs.

Marquis was the only one in the living room.

I went and sat on the couch next to him.

Me-When is everybody getting here??

Marquis-Well grandma and granddad are on they way here now and then everybody else will be here around like 3.

I nod.

We sat there watching TV until the doorbell rung.

Marquis went to get the door.

He came back with our grandparents.

Marquis-Grandma, granddad, this is Tatiana. Tati, this is grandma and granddad.

I looked up at our granddad. He looked at me.

I know him. This is Big T. I know him from when I was out there selling drugs. He was kind of a father figure to me and he ain't really want me out there selling drugs but he knew that I brought in a lot of money too so he let me sell a couple times a week.

Granddad-Tatiana?

Me-Big T?

Grandma-T, how do y'all know each other?

Granddad-U remember when I was telling u about the girl who was working for me that reminded me of Kahlil when he was younger?

Grandma-Yeah?

Granddad-This is her.

They both gave me a hug.

Granddad-So Tati, how u been holding up after what happened to Taliyah?

I look at him.

Me-What u talking about?

Granddad-Shit. U don't know do u?

Me-Know what? What's wrong with Taliyah?

Granddad-Ok so I think I should tell u this outside.

Dad-Why y'all gotta go outside?

Granddad-Because Kahlil. She's just like u 20 years ago when u were pissed off, hurt, or upset about something.

Dad-Ok so yeah there's plenty of open land out back. Do u need me to come out too?

Granddad-No. Kahlil u ain't never seen Tatiana really go off. I have seen her at her worst when she was just about ready to kill someone so I want to just be able to tell her and then calm her down.

Me-Can u just tell me what happened with Taliyah? What don't I know?

Granddad-Come on.

I followed him out to the back yard.

Once he closed the door, he told me to sit down and then he sat down.

Me-What don't I know about Taliyah?

Granddad-Taliyah was.....she was....

Me-She was what?! What's wrong with her?!

I stand up.

Granddad-She was shot and killed two weeks ago.

"W-What?", I say as I sink back down into my chair. My granddad just looks at me with this sad look in his eyes.

"She was gunned down two weeks ago. Your mom didn't call and tell u?"

"I can't believe it. I don't believe if. She isn't dead. My mom would have told me if something like this happened."

"I'm sorry Tati."

"Who did it?"

"Huh?"

"Who did it?!"

"I don't kno-"

I cut him off.

"U know who did it! U know everything so I know u know!", I yell at him.

"Please calm down Tatiana."

"No! Not until u tell me who did it!"

"Tatiana if I tell u who did it, you're going really lose it and hurt either yourself or somebody else. I can't let u do that."

"I'm really going to, hurt someone if u don't tell me."

He sighs.

"It was Andre and Jayla."

"Did u kill them?"

"No."

"Why not?!"

"I gotta get some stuff in order first. I promise u they not gon get away with it."

"Was anybody else involved?", I ask him.

"Kenny."

"Kenny? My moms husband, Kenny?"

"Yes."

"But why?"

"To send a message."

"A message? To who?"

"To u."

Now I'm not just hurt. I'm fucking pissed the fuck off at my mom for not fuckkng telling me. And then they think they bout to scare me? Nah. They know better than to try to threaten me.

"Your mom is in danger too.", he says, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Is he trying to hurt her?"

"She got through to me to tell me to what happened to Taliyah and to tell me to get the message to u that Kenny was after u and he wants to see u dead."
____________________________________
Chapter 4 coming soon