Chapter 51: A Letter

Gia and Seb talked about some other things before Adelina came back to the guest room. They smiled at her. "Seb, I have something for you."

Both of them frowned when Adelina gave an envelope to Seb. "What's this?" he asked.

"That's a letter from Ludwig. He wrote something for you."

Gia's eyes started glistening with tears as she didn't know that her father had written something for Seb before he passed away. "What is this about, mom?"

Adelina smiled. "You can read it as well, Gia."

Then, Seb glanced at Gia before opening the envelope slowly and took a piece of paper inside it. They looked at the letter and started reading it together.

Heppenheim, 10th July 2015

Hi, Sebastian,

It's me, Ludwig. How are you? I hope that you are doing well. First of all, I want to congratulate you for becoming a successful F1 driver, something that you've always dreamt to be.

Seb, I want to tell you that I've forgiven you. To be honest, I'm not angry at you at all. Maybe disappointed is a better word to describe what I've felt. But believe me, I've forgiven you.

I also want to tell you that Gia loves you so much. She never talks to me about that, maybe she's too shy to talk about it with her father. But I can see that. It's very clear that she is falling for you.

With this letter, I just want to ask you some things. Love her. Marry her. Protect her. Make her feel as the happiest woman in the world. Because I do believe that you're the only one who can do that to her.

I write this in case I never have a chance to meet you again. I won't forget to say thanks to you for being a great friend of Gia. She once told me that she's had the most amazing childhood days and she's grateful to know you.

Send my greeting to your family.

Kind regards,

Ludwig Hassler

Seb folded the letter and put it back inside the envelope. He was slowly absorbing what he had just read. He had found the answer. Ludwig had forgiven him, long time ago.

While, Gia took her glasses off as the tears escaped from her blue eyes. "Why didn't you tell me about this, mom?" she asked.

Adelina cried as well. "I'm sorry, Gia. I needed to find the right time to tell this to you both. And I feel that today is the right time for me to give that letter to Seb."

"He wrote this as if he had a feeling that he would leave us," Seb said as he still couldn't believe it. He embraced Gia and kissed her head as she was sobbing.

Adelina felt guilty and relieved at the same time. She sat down next to her daughter. When Gia had pulled away from Seb, she hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry, Gia."

"It's fine, mom. I understand that."

Adelina erased the tears from Gia's face. Then, she spoke to him. "Seb, now you know that Ludwig has forgiven you as well."

"Yes, Mrs. Hassler. I feel so relieved to know that. He was a very kind person. To be honest, I would love to meet him again in person, but that will never happen again unfortunately."