Chapter 29: Meeting Her Family

In the living room, Adelina was talking to Gilbert and Sophia, while Gia helped Leonard to color some pictures on his drawing book. Not long after that, they heard someone knock the front door. She knew who was coming to their house. "Mom, let me open the door."

Gia moved from her place after she got a nod from Adelina and walked closer to the door. She smiled after opening it. "Hi, Seb!"

"Hi, Gia!" he replied before giving her a quick hug.

"Come in."

Seb suddenly doubted. He held her hand before she turned around. "Wait."

"What's wrong?" Gia frowned.

"Erm, do you think that your family will accept me?"

"Seb, I know that they are as disappointed at you as I was. But I believe that they will forgive you too. Try not to worry, okay?"

"Okay."

Gia smiled at him, which made him calm. After he didn't feel hesitant anymore, he followed her to come to the house. She came back to the living room, while he was still a few steps away, waiting until she called him.

"Mom, Gilbert, Sophia, we have a guest. Here he is..."

Seb finally appeared. Adelina, Gilbert, and Sophia were really surprised to see him as they didn't expect that he would come. They immediately stood up from the couch as he walked closer.

"Good evening, everyone." First, Seb walked over to Adelina. "Mrs. Hassler."

Adelina welcomed him with a hug. Seb almost cried, remembering that she had been a single parent for Gia and Gilbert. He was also remembering how he had hurt her daughter's feeling.

"How are you, Seb?" Adelina asked as she pulled away from him.

"I'm fine, thanks."

Then, Seb looked at Gilbert. He could feel the anger on him. It was so visible from his eyes. He knew that he was very protective and caring to Gia as her brother. He knew that he was very disappointed at him for leaving her.

"Hi, Gilbert."

"Seb." They shook hands. And then, Gilbert introduced his wife to him. "This is Sophia, my wife."

Seb also shook hands with Sophia. Gilbert didn't forget to introduce their son to him. "And that's Leonard, our son."

He glanced at Leonard and the 4-year old boy was still enjoying what he did, coloring his drawing book. He crouched down and greeted him. "Hi, Leonard!"

The boy smiled. "Hi! Who are you?"

"I'm Sebastian. You can call me Seb. I'm Georgia's friend."

"Aunty Gia's friend?"

"Yes," Seb smiled.

"Nice to meet you, uncle Seb!" Leonard said excitedly, which made Seb chuckle. Gia also couldn't hide her smile.

All of them heard Gilbert clear his throat. Gia was feeling the tense in the room as she knew that he was about to start speaking to Seb. "Sophia, bring Leonard to our room."

Sophia obeyed her husband's command. She knew that Gilbert wanted to talk to Seb. So, she brought her son to their room. Leonard waved at Gia, Adelina, and Seb and they smiled while waving back at him.

When they had left the living room, Adelina asked Seb to have a seat. "Sit down, Seb."

"Thanks, Mrs. Hassler," Seb replied her politely. He sat next to Gia.

"You had to wait for 12 years to meet us again, Seb?" Gilbert asked sarcastically.

"Gilbert, don't speak like that to him," Adelina warned her son.