Chapter 17: Jealousy

Seb and Bernadette were taking a walk at the downtown of Vienna. She loved shopping, but that was something that he didn't like from her. She often spent money, both hers and his, to buy expensive clothes. When they were walking, they found a gelato shop. She was craving for it.

"Seb, I want a gelato."

"Okay."

They walked together to the shop. There was a quite long queue, as it was one of the most famous gelato shops in Vienna and besides, people always search for gelato or ice cream during the summer.

Then, Seb realized that the gelato shop was quite close to Gia's bookstore. He didn't want to waste time waiting for Bernadette. "Bernadette, I want to go to a bookstore now."

"Which bookstore?"

"The store is Once Upon a Book. You don't have to go there because I'll be long. I'm afraid that you'll be boring. You can go wherever you want to and I'll tell you if I have finished."

Without waiting for her reply (she actually nodded a little), Seb left the place and walked to the bookstore. He pushed the door as he entered the store. That place was like a heaven to him. Not only because he could hunt some interesting books that he could read on the plane or at his house, but also because he could meet Gia, if he was lucky.

Biography book was one of his favourites. He was next to the biography bookshelf when Gia noticed him. She hid behind a bookshelf which was a bit far from his place. She could only see him from a distance as she didn't want him to notice her.

From his second visit to her bookstore, Gia could conclude that he did remember her. But he was pretending that he didn't know her. She was so curious to know why but at the same time, she wasn't ready to talk to him.

Some minutes after, a woman with a glamorous fashion style came into the bookstore. The woman brought a cup of gelato. "Hi, love!" the woman held Seb's hand.

"Bernadette, I told you not to follow me. You will be boring here." Seb felt annoyed as she didn't obey him.

"It's fine. As long as I'm with you, I won't be boring."

Seb just shook his head and his eyes refocused on the book he was currently reading. While, Bernadette was eating the gelato she had just bought. His mission to see Gia probably failed before it even started.

Although Gia didn't want to face him, but she had to reprimand his girlfriend for bringing any kind of food to the bookstore. She took a deep breath before she had the courage to face them. She didn't care what would happen next.

"Excuse me."

Seb and Bernadette glanced to the source of the voice. His heart was suddenly beating so fast as he saw her in front of him. Why does she appear when he's with his girlfriend? He tried to act as normal as possible.

"I'm sorry in advance, but you can't bring any kind of food, beverage, or dessert to our bookstore," Gia said it firmly, while giving them a slight smile.

As Seb realized that Bernadette broke a rule applied at the bookstore, he asked her to leave. "Bernadette, I think that you should come out of here and finish your gelato."

"But Seb-"

"Please."

Gia was just staring at the couple. She assumed that Bernadette didn't like to be commanded like that. But no matter who she was, either she was an actress or even a politician, she was still a visitor who needed to respect the rules there.

Bernadette glanced at Gia one more time before she left. She opened the door roughly. Seb felt embarrassed with her behaviour. Then, he wanted to apologize to her. "I'm so sorry that my-"