Chapter 33: Meeting His Family

Seb parked his father's car as they had arrived at his family's house. He glanced at Gia who seemed to be daydreaming again. "Gia?"

She woke up from her reverie. "Eh, have we arrived?"

"Yes, we have." Seb kept staring at her. "What's wrong, Gia? Seems like you are thinking about something."

"Ah no, Seb, nothing you should worry about."

Seb didn't entirely believe her. "Are you ready to meet my parents?"

Gia nodded surely. "I am."

They both unbuckled their seatbelts and went out of the car. Seb approached towards Gia before they walked together to the house. He pressed the doorbell and they heard someone's footsteps before the door was unlocked. Heike was the person who opened it for them.

"Georgia."

"Mrs. Vettel."

Heike opened her arms as she was ready to hug Gia. "Come here, Gia."

Gia glanced at Seb first before she walked closer to Heike. And they finally hugged. She stroked her back as she was sobbing in her hug. She also couldn't hold her tears. After a few moments, Gia pulled away. Heike helped to erase the tears on her face. "Please come in."

Gia and Seb were following Heike to come to the guest room. Norbert who was sitting on the couch there stood up. "Georgia."

"Good afternoon, Mr. Vettel." Gia gave a quick hug to Norbert before all of them sat down on the couch.

"Gia, thank you so much for coming here," Heike said, starting the conversation. "You know that there's something that we want to talk about to you."

"With pleasure, Mrs. Vettel. I'm very happy that I can come here again. The last time I came to this house was around three years ago."

"Yeah, when you told us that you'd move to Austria, right?"

Gia nodded. "Yes, that's right."

A moment of silence happened before Norbert broke it. "Georgia, on behalf of my family, I want to apologize as we kept everything secret about Sebastian to you and your family for around 12 years. It isn't entirely his fault, but this is ours as well."

"I guess that Sebastian has told his reason why he left you without any news afterwards. Norbert is right, this is also our fault as we had let this happen," Heike added.

Then, Norbert asked, "Will you forgive us, Gia?"

Gia glanced at Seb for a moment. He gave her a smile before she was finally ready to answer. "Yes, of course I will. And as you said, Seb has told me everything and I fully understand that. I'm also sorry because, maybe, I acted differently to you all because I was really disappointed all this time."

Heike nodded. "It's fine, Gia. We know that how upset you were because we didn't want to give you his phone number and we also didn't tell you every time Seb came here."

"Thank you Gia for forgiving us. To be honest, we want to meet your mother and brother as well, because we think that we have to apologize to them as well."

Gia smiled. "It's okay, Mr. Vettel. I believe that they've forgiven you too. They also really want to meet you as soon as possible."

Seb felt so relieved as Gia had forgiven him and his family. He believed that the relationship between his family and hers would be better. Then, he realized that his brother wasn't there with them.

"Where's Fabian?"

"Fabian goes to his friend's house. But he said that he won't be long," Norbert replied.