Chapter 18: Heppenheim

Monday morning. Gia and Adelina had been in Heppenheim and they were staying at a hotel. When she was drying her hair with her towel after taking a bath, she found out that her phone on the nightstand chimed. Gilbert was calling him.

"Hi, Gilbert," Gia greeted her brother.

"Hi, Gia. I want to tell you that Sophia and Leon can't come to Heppenheim. Sophia is unwell."

She immediately felt worried of her sister-in-law. "Oh my God. What's wrong with her?"

"She caught a flu. But don't worry, she is recovering now," Gilbert explained about his wife's condition.

"Ah, okay. I will text her later. But you still come, don't you?"

"I will still come, for sure. I'll arrive there in the evening, because I have to come to the office first."

"Okay, busy man," Gia laughed as she teased him.

"Yes, Gia, your brother is very busy. But thankfully I still have some free time to visit our dad's grave."

Gia nodded. "Dad would've been very happy that all of us can visit him."

"That's true." Gilbert blamed himself for mentioning their father's grave, as he heard that Gia's voice tone suddenly changed. "Hmm by the way, will you go somewhere today?"

"I plan to go to a supermarket. But mom will stay here," Gia said, referring to their hotel room.

"Okay. Take care, Gia, and see you tonight," Gilbert said, ending their conversation.

"See you, Gilbert. Bye."

Gia hung up the phone and put her phone back to the nightstand. Then, she took her moisturizer cream and applied it to her face after wrapping her wet hair in a towel.

"Gia, was that Gilbert? What did he say?" Adelina who was sitting on a couch asked.

"He has just told me that he will come alone. Sophia is unwell. She caught flu and now she's recovering."

The same as Gia, Adelina was also worried of her daughter-in-law. "Poor Sophia. I hope that she can get well very soon."

"I hope so, mom."

"Maybe I will call her to ask her current condition."

"That would be good, mom." Then, Gia asked her mother. "Mom, are you sure that you'll stay here?"

"Yes, Gia. I think that I will stay here."

Gia then took her face powder and started applying it. "Okay. If you need something, just phone me."

Some minutes later, Gia had been ready. She wore her glasses and took her crossbody bag. Then, she said goodbye to her mother before she left. Although she was a little sad to leave Adelina alone, but she was happy to have a me time.

---

Gia was pushing her trolley around the supermarket. She used to come there with her family when she still lived in Heppenheim. She'd missed that moment. She reminisced the time when Gilbert and herself were allowed to buy some ice creams by their parents.

There, she wanted to buy some snacks to eat in her hotel room with her mother. She also bought some fruits, especially apples, her mother's favourite.

"Georgia."

Gia heard someone call her name. She turned to the source of that voice behind her and it really surprised her. "Mrs. Vettel," Gia whispered.

Heike immediately hugged Gia. She stroked her back softly. The last time they met was when Gia and Adelina told them that they would move to Austria back in 2015. But they didn't tell Seb's family that they were going to live in Vienna.