the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows

Start from the beginning

"Maybe." Camila just laughed and threw her arm around her, blissfully enjoying the night."But as long as I have you I'll never be sad."

"This is a spot that means a lot to me." Camila said as they approached infamous 'Stonerland, USA.' A small smile on her face as she drove, turning into the shortcut.

Lauren looks at the morning sun, peeking out under clouds of darkness. "It's so pretty." She breathes out, eyes wide and curious as she looks out the window. "How'd you find this?"

Camila found her usual parking spot and turned the ignition off, and taking the keys out. She took a deep breath as she did so, "Someone very important to me showed me this when I first broke up with my ex." She said as she opened the door to get out of the car. "We came here to just listen to music and talk about everything."

Lauren got out the car and walked towards the edge of the cliff, admiring the scenery. "Vanessa Morales, right?" She asked, feeling kind of stalkerish for knowing most things about Camila.

Camila scoffed at the name, shaking her head. "Unfortunately. That's the one...." She trailed off, kicking a rock. "Cheating bitch." She said, the words bitter on her tongue.

Lauren laughed softly and looked at the brown haired girl, a small smile on her lips. "I remember her getting her ass beat, like last year in the south softball dugout."

Camila laughed loudly at that one, remembering the memory like yesterday, Andrea walking up to the girl after her softball practice and fighting her with a hangover and all. "That was legendary. I almost forgot about that."

She laughed as she walked in front of Lauren, holding her arms out in an all too familiar way, as if she was in an amusement park commercial. "Welcome to Stonerland, USA. Lauren Jauregui! Where admission is one joint." She said, watching as the green eyed girl watched her with a smile on her lips.

She quickly pulled out a prerolled joint from her brown jacket and handed it to the older Cuban, before resuming her pose and repeating her previous statement. "Where admission is one joint!"

Lauren chuckled and shook her head, looking at her with a grin. "Who knew Camila Cabello was so goofy?" She said as she handed her the joint back, sitting on the hood of her car. "I like it."

Camila smiled and shrugged, leaning against the car herself and watching the sun come up, patting her pockets for a lighter. "I don't know, this morning sucked beyond comprehension, but being here with you, it doesn't seem that bad anymore."

Lauren reached into her pocket and pulled out a blue lighter, handing it to the brunette beside her. "I agree. There's something about you, Camila. You put me at ease." She said, looking down at her hands. "I hope that doesn't sound weird."

Camila lights the joint in between her lips, taking a long and deep drag, before shaking her head. "It doesn't. You're the closest thing I've had to a friend in a couple of months." She said, her voice small, painful, and rough. "You make me forget..." She trailed off. "About everything."

Lauren felt her body shutter, looking at the girl next to her, "I feel the same." She says as she takes the joint from her, bringing it up to her lips and inhaling. "Maybe we're good for each other."

Camila opens her mouth to reply when Lauren's phone rings, startling both girls. She sends an apologetic look and passes her the joint, looking at the caller ID before looking back at Camila. "You mind if I answer this?"

Camila shrugs and blows smoke out her mouth. "Do what you gotta do."

DJ 🤩 would like to FaceTime.