The Aftermath of it All

Start from the beginning

"Ok. We can do that. Let's wait and see first ok? Once we know what's going on with Dali and Dani, we can go from there."

"Even if they aren't pregnant, can I still have my little Ae?" Pete asks softly and Ae feels his knees go weak.

"If that's what you want then, that's fine." And by then Pete would be much calmer and would have thought this thing through. Ae wasn't against it if Pete wanted it but he needed to be sure it was what Pete wanted and not just him coming from an emotional place.

"Hey you two. So the fun never ends huh."

"It seems not. Sorry to have to call you here so soon. I honestly thought we wouldn't have to see you for a while."

"Yeah well. It seems the devil isn't done dancing on your fate. It seems that Dali thinks she can have this baby and keep it but considering the situation and the manner of which_"

"She can't have our baby! I don't care what I have to do! What it takes! After she gives birth to it, they belong to us." Pete's mouth is now set in stubborn lines and Ae knows what this means. He's seen this look a million times. 

"Are Dali's parents willing to support us?"

"We are." Aunty Mint opened the door wider and walks in. She walks up to the couple and wai respectfully, throwing them into shock.

"Aunty no! Please. You don't have to do this." Pete reached new heights of emotional distress. Even Ae shifts uncomfortably.

"But I feel that I have to. We have raised her to be a better person than this. What she has done goes far beyond anything we could ever support despite what she might think. We have asked her to pack her things and find a place, live within her means. Maybe then she might get a dose of reality. That is, if she doesn't get arrested."

"I'm sor_"

"No Pete. We are sorry. We should have paid better attention. The fact that she has been working so hard to destroy your relationship was already unacceptable to us. Now that she had done this, we can no longer shield her. She is grown. She needs to learn to face the consequences."

"I understand. Ae. Can you please contact your lawyer? We need to do this quickly." Pete looks at Ae who is already firing off messages, already resigned to this new development.

"Don't worry babe. I have us covered. Pinnie doesn't handle adoptions so he's going to work with a friend of his and handle all aspects of this."

Pete heaves a huge sigh and suddenly sits down. All the energy drains out of him in one go and he feels weak and sleepy. It's so rare for Pete to be this angry that he doesn't adapt well to it at all. Ae looks over at Mint and wai to her as well. 

"I'm sorry about the damage."

"They are just things, Ae. Just things. I tried speaking to her when I found out that she was attempting to get between the two of you. She acted out but the she came to apologize and said she would do better. I trusted her. I believed her because I knew how I raised her and it was not like this."

"I believe you. I think that the fault is not with you. I think that these girls simply twisted what was instilled in them and came up with their own idea of what is appropriate behaviours."

"Maybe your right but I am still so very disappointed in her."

Ae and Mint talked for a while longer before the police came and questioned Ae for their records. He actually pulled out a little device and told them the entire conversation was on it. He admitted that he didn't trust Dali and so had used it just in case she twisted her story later on. She had been known to do that to Ae before.