Chapter 34: Midnight Rendezvous

The way he pressed his pointer finger to his lips got Elsa laughing, her magenta nightgown swaying by the fresh air that swirled around them because of the open windows.

Their activity was one of which Princess Anna should be doing, but to be honest, not entirely so since the bubbly woman had retired to her and Kristoff's guest quarters, and Elsa could hear hefty snores coming from the young princess's mouth through thick walls.

Aiden smiled, taking his fiancé's hand and pulled her down the hallways; planning to take her somewhere. Elsa gladly followed, chuckling along the way. Aiden are two things- both mischievous and prim proper.

But of course, whenever he's just facing the Queen of Arendelle, he'd be the goofball she fell in love with all he wants.

Their shadows are painted on the wall as they sneakily ran past displays of armory and other expensive sculptures, excitement bubbling up in their hearts as they did.

"I thought you would be snoring by now since that dance?" Elsa giggled.

"Midnight rendezvous with my fiancé is way more important than sleep." Aiden grinned, "And, you know. So we can have a little alone time."

Aiden led her to the large, spacious balcony. The balcony's center had a wooden bench they both could sit on, complete with soft pillows. But, the view was the main attraction. The nightsky was in display for them in full form; no blockage to cover the beauty of the twinkling little stars or every crater of the moon.

Elsa's expression was one of awe, her gaze drifting from one star to another. And every bit of the kingdom could be seen from this distance, some house lights open and some closed marking the subjects' slumber.

"I have never seen any view this breathtaking." She whispered.

Aiden smiled at her, his stare locking onto her eyes, kissing the back of her neck, "I have."

Elsa blushed deeply, feeling his hand wrap around hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. The two of them sat down on the bench, Aiden wrapping an arm around her shoulder protectively, while she nestled against his chest.

She'll repeat it-even a thousand times more. His heartbeat ceased her stress from those recent paper piles, or any kind of trouble at all.

His voice broke their intimate silence.

"You know, I used to believe that stars are our deceased loved ones watching us from where they are now. If they're happy, they'll twinkle at you. But nah, science has to ruin everything."

Elsa smiled slyly, gazing at the largest bright ball of heat, "We can always keep believing what we want to believe. People has to respect what their neighbors believe in, right?"

Aiden chuckled, "Right."

They sat in silence once more, just Aiden's heartbeats and other nightly sounds.

"Heh. Funny thing, I thought that I'd end up being a loveless king sitting on the throne, or maybe a prince feeling deep resentment for life."

Elsa glanced up at him, kissing his lips, "You'll never end up like that, lover."

Aiden grinned against her lips, "Because you jumped in and thawed my frozen heart."

Elsa chuckled, "You make a point. But it was all you-tripping over my heels, literally."

"Hey, your cape was too long back then!"

Silence.

"I love that cape. It led me to fall for you."

Elsa giggled, cupping his face and kissed him. Aiden kissed back, his hands finding its way to her waist.

"We should probably head back," Elsa pulled away, yawning. Aiden wanted to coo at how adorable she was as she yawned, but clenched his teeth since he'll get another cute scowl of hers instead, "I agree. Let's go, gorgeous."

And with that, the couple headed out, departing the balcony swiftly.
____________________________________

"Aiden, son? Knock knock."

"L-lover, get the door..." Elsa mumbled sleepily, her platinum hair sticking out everywhere. Aiden parted from Elsa's embrace, groaned groggily, standing up, twisting the knob and lazily speaking, "Mh? What are you doing up so early?"

Helena gasped dramatically, "Early? Eight in the morning?"

Aiden shook his head, yawning, "We've been up late. I want to sleep in." He whined.

"Nuh-uh you can't, boy. You two-or shall we say, we three, are going to complete your wedding preparations. No means no, young man."

"gods, seriously?" He complained tiredly.

"What did I just say? Wake my darling future daughter in law up. At least she gets me." Helena rolled her eyes, shrugging.

Aiden sighed, ruffling his hair and walking back inside. There was no arguing with his mother, not even her own son. He gently approached his snoozing queen, kissing her forehead and shaking her lightly. Elsa buried her head further into the pillow in vain.

"Hey love. We gotta get up."

"Mh, no. I want to sleep in and cuddle."

"Tempting, but it's mother who knocked this time."

"F-fine. Help me up, please?"

Aiden chuckled, "As you wish."

He lifted her up, sitting her down at the edge of the bed, lovingly kissing her lips, "Good morning, snowflake." Elsa's lips formed into a faint smile, her arms lazily wrapped around his neck. Aiden grinned, fixing her hair, "You go for a bath, alright? We're going to prepare things for our wedding."

Elsa made a lazy moan and pulled away, hopping off the bed and walking to the bathroom. Aiden laughed, then went to the other to get ready for the day.
____________________________________
A/N: This chap was filled with fluff. You guys happy? 😂 N e ways, more chaps to go. I hope you guys enjoyed this.