she gives you her hoodie

A late-night walk with you seemed like the perfect fix for a sleepless Taylor.

She's been gone for months and just got home earlier today.

So when she was still wide awake at three am and woke you up to see if you wanted to go out for a walk, you couldn't say no.

This is usually how the first day home goes for her. Her body is so used to all those late nights, or sometimes even sleepless nights, and she just can't seem to fall asleep.

You were dragging your feet, still tired considering you were in a bit of a deep sleep when Taylor woke you. Her hand was in yours and she could tell you were still tired so she hoped a quick walk would be enough to help wear her out enough to sleep when you get home.

Your button-up pajama shirt was not enough to keep you warm. But with a tired mind and half-open eyelids you wouldn't have been able to grab a jacket anyways.

You shivered but tried to hide it from Taylor, but she knows you better than that. "You cold darling?" You looked at her with tired eyes and nodded. Taylor shrugged her hoodie off and put it over your head.

Your hair got all messy but to Taylor it only made you look even more adorable. "Gosh, you're cute. I'm so happy to be home with you." She said as she put her arm around you and tucked you against her side.

A few minutes passed and Taylor started to feel tired. Yawns kept leaving her lips and she was fighting to keep her eyes open. She didn't even have to look at you to know that you were exhausted. "C'mon. Let's go home and go to bed." She said.

Halfway home you became too tired to walk. So, Taylor bent down on the ground. "Get on my back." Too tired to argue, you got on her back and wrapped your thighs around her hips. She put her hands on the backs of your legs to keep you steady. You put your head on her back and your arms around her neck, and you soon fell asleep while she carried you home.

Taylor took the stairs very carefully so she wouldn't wake you. It took her a minute but she did manage to gently lay you down on the bed. She carefully crawled over you and moved the blanket over you both when she got settled in next to you.

A sleepy smile appeared on her face when you rolled over and put your head on her chest. You both needed as much contact as possible after being apart for so long.

Taylor kissed your forehead and ran her fingers through your hair for a moment while she forced herself to stay awake to watch you sleep again. You look like an angel and she couldn't be happier to be home again. "I love you so much" she whispered and kissed your cheek before closing her eyes and falling asleep.