drunk kisses

You stumbled out of the bar with Taylor. She was holding your waist protectively, trying to keep you from tripping and falling on your face.

You went out with a few friends tonight. Taylor stayed home to give you some time with them, but when her phone rang at three am and she woke up to find that you weren't in bed next to her, she knew that it must be one of your friends.

Flashforward an hour later to when she got there and she could tell right away that you had broken your 'drinking limit'. The one you always put on yourself, saying you won't drink that much, but always seem to get a little too carried away and you either pass that or get pretty close to it.

You're a bit of an emotional drunk, so Taylor tends to walk on eggshells and avoid anything that might make you cry or get you upset in any way when you're drunk.

You're in a fit of giggles by the time you reach the front door. Taylor fished the keys out from her pocket and unlocked the door. Her grip on your waist tightened a little, since she knew she was gonna have to help you up the stairs.

"You okay? You got it? You don't feel sick or anything, right?" Question after question, and all she'd receive from you in response is a giggle or a mumbled "yep". She had never felt more relieved when you reached the bedroom.

She helped you sit on the bed and went to the closet in search of something for you to wear, eventually getting tired of searching and just deciding to give you one of her sweaters instead.

She helped you take your shorts off when you suddenly grabbed her chin and tilted it up so you could press your lips to hers. Instinctively, Taylor melted right into you and the kiss, enjoying the feeling of your lips against hers. Her fingers ran under your shirt, fingers brushing your sides as you ran your hand through her hair.

Her eyes shot open when she remembered that you were drunk and she only had one priority here. "No, baby, no." She murmured as she pulled away. She had to take a few deep breaths to get ahold of herself before she reached for her sweater for you to wear. When she looked back at you she saw the tears falling down your cheeks.

"Oh, hey. Shh. What's going on? What's wrong, beautiful girl?" You whimpered against her neck, her arms wrapping around you to keep you secure. "You don't wanna kiss me." You cried and Taylor let out a small chuckle, only realizing after it left her lips that it probably wasn't the greatest way to respond to you, since you only started to cry harder. "Y/n look at me" she muttered, her fingers hooked under your chin as she watched the tears swim in your eyes.

"I love you, so much. I love kissing you, baby. You're just drunk and I don't wanna take things too far when you're so intoxicated. I love you far too much to ever take things too far when you're so vulnerable. You're my girl, and I promised you that i'll always take care of you and protect you. When morning comes, if you don't have a horrible hangover which I fear that you probably will with how much you drank, I will happily give you lots of kisses, okay?"

She swiped her thumb under your eye and caught your tears as they fell. You nodded your head and smiled at her. She helped you out of your shirt and in her sweater before she gently pushed you on your back and tucked you in under the covers. "You nice and warm?" She smiled when you nodded your head tiredly and closed your eyes.

She made sure to grab you a few things she knew you'd be needing in the morning before she crawled into bed next to you. She wrapped her arms around you and nuzzled her face in your neck. "Love you so much" she mumbled, placing a sweet kiss to your neck and closing her eyes as she fell asleep with you safely tucked in her embrace.