1. Shameless

"Inches in between us
I want you to give in, I want you to give in,
Weakness, tension in between us
I just wanna give in

Right now, I'm shameless
Screamin' my lungs out for ya
Not afraid to face it
I need you more than I want to
Need you more than I want to
Show me you're shameless
Write it on my neck, why don't ya?
And I won't erase it"

•••

"Rosie, are you coming tonight then?" I hear my sister ask me just out of earshot.

"Huh?" I reply to her not having paid much attention to what she was talking about.

"Rosie! Stop zoning out!" She whines at me.

"I'm sorry. I was just - just drawing" I reply to her honestly.

"I said are you coming tonight? To my friends party" She repeats herself.

"I'm not sure... I have a lot to do" I lie to her, not really feeling like going out tonight.

"You know whose going to be there don't you?" She asks me.

"Who?" I ask her.

"Lisa" She replies.

I feel my throat dry up as I hear her name.

"So you coming then?" She asks again.

"Yes" I reply to her.

Lisa.

She and I had a weird history. Nothing every really happened between us but, that was exactly the problem.

I wanted her more than I cared to admit for the longest time. So many times I've sensed her feel the same as me but yet, nothing.

At first, it was a secret. I was scared, I didn't want Lisa to know how much I wanted her. But, after doing this - back and forth thing with her - I realised I just want her now. I'm not afraid to face it anymore.

I needed more than those stolen glances when we thought the other wasn't looking.

I hadn't seen her since we last went to watch a movie and held hands throughout the entire movie but, when the lights turned on we let go and pretended it never happened.

"I knew you would say yes once you knew she was going to be there. What is even going on between you two?" My sister asks me while fixing her hair.

Honestly, I don't even know what to reply.

"Not much. We're just... talking" I say to her in order to describe our situation in the least complex way.

Minutes turn into hours and I end up at the party. I was stood there in my black bodycon dress paired with my white Docs.

I looked around for my friends and noticed them at the bar. I join them for a drink.

"She's looking at you" My friend says to me as she points with her eyes to a direction behind me.

I don't dare look behind because I already know who she was talking about.