| Chapter 17 || Zeus is Kind of a Rude Brat (with a Baby Face) |

Hello, Readers! Sorry that this chapter was updated so late in the day, but I had a bit of a block in my head instead of a brain today. Anyway, I just had to make sure we updated, and even though this chapter is a bit short, it's still pretty good (in my opinion).

~CSP2708~

*Dylan_Walts*

| Chapter 17 |

Zeus is Kind of a Rude Brat (with a Baby Face)

Eighteen years.

That's how long it took.

Eighteen long years and I still had yet to figure out how to regain my actual form. Don't get me wrong, being made of water is pretty useful, but it got annoying after a while, especially because no one could read my expressions when I talked to them; I had to be pretty careful with my words.

I spent those years watching and waiting - very boring, mind you. Don't recommend it. Zeus was just living with his really loud...uncles; I'll call them. At first, I was pretty skeptical. I mean, I knew that he was raised by a company of clashing soldiers and I knew that they were loud, but knowing did nothing to prepare me for the actual insane loudness of them. (Certainly loud enough for Kronos not to hear his wailing, even though the future lord of the skies definitely had a healthy set of lungs in him. That's probably where all of his hot air came from.)

The boisterousness came not only from their spears and shields but also from their mouths, as the soldiers danced and sang and shouted cries into the heavens. What they were so happy about all the time, I'd never know. Maybe it was some sort of alcoholic beverage that came from one of Amalthea's teats. (She was a goat.) And just so you know, I didn't let baby Zeus drink the alcoholic version. That would be called irresponsible parenting.

Once Zeus was old enough - which was extremely confusing because gods' ages are stupid - the soldiers trained him to use weapons - swords, shields, spears, daggers, you name it; he learned to wield them all. I'm sorry to say that I had no part in it, despite how much I would've loved knocking my arrogant uncle onto his butt a couple of times, because there was no part in the legend where I'm supposed to be, and I can't go changing the future - only making sure that it happens as it should.

Eighteen years went by and I finally thought that he was ready. Zeus knew how to fight. He knew how to be sneaky. He was smart...ish. In other words, he was everything that we needed for my plan - plagiarized from ancient myths - to work.

I appeared in Rhea's chambers, invisible yet again until I was sure she was alone. "My queen," I greeted.

She turned with a smile, more than used to my entrances by now. I showed up now and again to bring news of her son, and to relay her messages of love to him in return. It was, most likely, the most eventful thing that happened to me in the past seventeen years, which was kind of sad. I was starting to understand how Hermes felt, running back and forth to deliver messages and gossip all over Olympus - and Olympus wasn't even made yet!

"My saviour," she replied, ecstatically. (I still hadn't told her my name, so she'd taken to calling me that. It was only a bit annoying.) "Do you bring more news of my beloved baby boy?"

I chuckled. "Zeus is not much of a baby anymore, my lady. In fact, I think he is finally ready to overthrow his father, your husband."

Her eyes lit up even brighter. "Are you certain? How excellent!"

I guess that statement perfectly summed up their marriage. I almost chuckled at what a bad husband Kronos was. Then again, he deserved every bit of her hatred after swallowing five of her children.