XXV - The Life Onwards: The White House Visit

After choosing the apartment, Aunt Brenda looked at me and smiled.

"Now, that we have the right apartment for Alex," she said to me and to her daughters. "we have to take Alex around the D.C. So, girls," She looked at her daughters. "where should we take your cousin?"

Linda and the twins looked at each other and think. They think for a couple of minutes until they think a better place.

"How about," Linda said to her mother. "the White House? I'm thinking Alex never see the White House in real life. Maybe he's seen the White House in the newspapers and in TVs and not personally."

Mary Kate and Marilyn looked at each other before they looked back to their mother. "Yeah." they both said. "We never seen the White House yet."

"To the White House, then." Aunt Brenda said. "But before we go there," Aunt Brenda looked at her watch and noticed it's almost noon. "we have to go and have some lunch first."

"Okay, tita." I said.

"Yes, Mom." Lind and the twins said.

We stood up, walked outside the building and walked across the street to reach Aunt Brenda's car. We walked inside, closed the doors and Aunt Brenda drove the car to the nearest fastfood chain, the McDonald's. We hopped out and walked inside the restaurant and Aunt Brenda immediately head to the line to order some food.

I and my cousins sat on the nearest empty seats and chairs and immediately occupied the place. We watched at the lines lessen their count while waiting for Aunt Brenda with our food. The restaurant is very full at this kind of a sunny noon. I counted for almost a hundred seats and chairs are all used and occupied.

Then Aunt Brenda took our food and walked to the table where we sat. I looked at Aunt Brenda and noticed she ordered so many food, I can see it on the tray she had. So I stood up, walked to Aunt Brenda and took the tray from her arms. Aunt Brenda noticed my actions, looked and smiled at me.

"Thank you, Alex." she said. "You really are my brother's son."

I looked at Aunt Brenda and shy my way out. "Aunt Brenda!" I said with flattered eyes. "Don't compare me with Father, Aunt Brenda. I'm not like him."

I and Aunt Brenda walked while we're talking.

"Why did you say that?" Aunt Brenda asked. "Do you hate your father?"

I looked at the glass windows on the entrance door. "Well, actually," I replied. "yes."

"Why?"

"Because he didn't listen to what I said. It started when Mom died and since then I became the nanny of the house, the sweeper, the dishwasher, the backyard sweeper, and also a student that time. He and my sister treated me like a nanny, not like a family member. They didn't respect my decisions, they didn't respect my actions. They didn't even listen to what I instructed and to my advice."

"Maybe they still can't move on with your mother's death."

"No, tita." I insisted. "They treated me this way until now, after the second year of Mother's death. It's kinda unusual to me for them to be their nanny and maid and a student in one. I'm tired to be with them and I'm very happy when I got the ticket to America."

Aunt Brenda didn't speak about a minute and realized that she already built my foundation of revenge and vengeance. Then she looked at me when we reached the table. I put the tray on the table, took the food, put them on the table and put the tray on the other table, at our backs.

"So what are you gonna do now, Alex?" Aunt Brenda asked at me, sitting next to Linda.

I sat next to the twins and immediately looked at Aunt Brenda. "Well, I'm gonna finish college here and take my place when I'm successful, that's all."