I - The Invitation

I looked at my Facebook page when I got home from my rock fest concert. I've been a social networker for almost eight years now, just checking the news worldwide. I've got my laptop on, my TV also on and my rock members still sleeping on their own bedrooms that has been my friends for two decades hanging out in my crib.

I and my friends had been hanging out for hours in the clubs after a successful concert in Camden High Street and they've been sleeping for thirteen hours now. They've been drunk whole night on but I got a little dizzy. I drank soft cocktails and light beers for the rest of my life and I continue this habit for good, to avoid complications in my system.

When I checked my page, I noticed an invitation for a reunion of Batch '91 and the party will be held at Davao Convention and Trade Center in F. Torres Street in Davao City. Then someone took a chat with me. It's Francine Manuela Estrelia, the batch's organization president, and one of my friends when I was still in high school.

Say, Mr. A. she said on our chatbox. Do you want me to add your band to our reunion party?

Yeah. I replied. Add us because all teens around the world love our music so much. Oh, I really did see those pesky smiles of the Netizens, if that's what they call it nowadays. They're all got smiles on their faces and really love our music.

What music did you play, Mr. A? she asked.

Just alternative will be the best. I replied. But we can play ballad, bossa and slow music, like in the restaurants and bars, and also punk rock genre. If your child or children bought one of our albums, you can check them out.

Yeah, I'm listening to them right now. And, yes, they're good. And if you go down in Philippines, could you play something mellow?

Send me a list and I'll play them for all.

Thank you, Mr. A. BTW, I've read your profile from Facebook. And found some information are missing. Can I ask you who you are?

Ha!! You'll find out when we get there.

You're a freaking mysterious, Mr. A. Like the albums you created.

After making a chat, I turned my laptop off and took a nice bath for the day. Then I took a nice brunch of waffles and fried chicken, an early and healthy breakfast for kids. Then I walked to my guestrooms and woke up those pesky band members from their sleep.

When they woke up, I threw smiles on them and told them that we have a party to attend. I told them the details when they got to the kitchen and they're happy and excited.

"That's a good thing to here, Alex." Erick said.

"And when is that?" Vincent asked.

"February, the fourteenth." I replied, sipping my hot cocoa from my mug.

"And why Valentine's Day?" Danny suddenly asked, taking a slice of egg from his plate.

"That's the date of the party, bro." I said to Danny. "We don't have a choice but we have to go there five days from now."

Alessa, my first-born, woke up from her sleep. She immediately walked to the kitchen and saw me and her uncles talking about something. She immediately walked to the table and confronted us what we're talking about.

"Good morning, Dad." she greeted at me. "I just woke up when I heard your meeting."

Everybody, except Alessa, looked at my daughter. Her beautiful smile always allured my band members. Alessa is my first born and she became a lady now. Alessa had a good black hair, have a pair of rosy cheeks, beautiful blue eyes, have my height though she's still thirteen and have a beautiful bust, not that lusty.

"Have a seat, darling." I said to Alessa. "I'll fetch you your breakfast."

Alessa walked to a chair and sat. I put a nice corn cereal for her, drenched with milk, her style, and a three-deck pancakes. I also put a glass of milk on the side and she ate all of that. Then she looked at me and my boys and smiled.

"What are you guys talking earlier, Dad?" she asked, at me.

"Oh, nothing. Really, sweetie." I said to Alessa.

"Just tell me, Dad."

"Okay." Erick said. "Your father just got a gig for us."

"Where?" Alessa asked her uncle Erick.

"The Philippines." Erick replied.

"Your father's home country." Vincent continued.

Believe it or not, Alessa loves to travel to places that she just heard. She travelled to Lithuania and Kenya, without my permission. But I just let her do travel, just to give her her freedom although she's just a kid. She's a smart kid, like her old man, and she even knew how to stay alive when she's lost. She also had a sense of direction and can locate where she needed to go.

"Can I go with you, Dad?" she asked.

"Sure." I smiled. "But how about school?"

"Apparently, Dad, Teacher Giselle told me that I had three aces these past days. It's okay to take lead at school."

"Okay, then." I said. "I'll introduce you to my colleagues then."