Chapter 37

Harry's POV:

Excitement fills me as I drive back home, I took some time off from school to come back home for Jay's eighteenth birthday and my nineteenth birthday. Everything is going by so fast, I remember playing pokemon with Jay on my front steps like it was yesterday, only it wasn't, that was ten years ago. It's scary how fast time is going by, but I don't mind as long as I get to spend my time with Jamie, how could I? Jamie's birthday is tomorrow so I had to leave today to make it on time. I didn't exactly get her a present, but I had something else in mind to give to her and I'm sure she'll accept it, since she's not materialistic. 

I've been driving this damn car for hours and I just can't wait to get back home and be with Jay. It's been a month since I saw her last, but it feels much shorter. We talk on the phone everyday and we text whenever we can. It almost feels like she's there with me. Almost. I miss her so much it's unhealthy. Sometimes the phone calls just aren't enough.

My car finally pulls into my driveway and I'm relieved to see my house, a huge sigh of relief leaves my mouth. I always forget how much I'm missing home until I get back home, or I have to leave. I miss my mommy's cooking and my bed. I grab my bags and drag them into the house. With a few breathless greetings and kisses on the cheek, I'm back into my room and start unpacking. I didn't pack much because everything I need is right here, I left behind some of my clothes, but I still pack some to be safe.

I go back downstairs and get drowned in more of my mothers kisses. She is clearly happy to see me and although I am really happy to see her too, I don't let on just how much, like she shamelessly does. She drags two large bags of mine filled with dirty clothes into our wash room. I hide my laugh behind my hand as I watch her smile happily at my pile of dirty clothes. Only moms. I pull her in for another long hug. She's the only one who can really put up with me and I envy her for that. I am a handful.

A soft kiss is placed to her cheek before I pull away and look on the kitchen counter for her keys. "I have to go. I'm going to see Jamie. I can take your car right?" I shout to her half way out the door. She pokes her head out and walks to me. She giggles as she looks at me. "Of course you can. Be safe." She speaks strictly. A gasp escapes my mouth as my cheeks flame red. "Mom! We're not doing that! She's not even my girlfriend!" I hastily explain in a loud and embarrassed voice. Shock clear on my face.

My mom laughs hard as she clutches her stomach. "I meant be safe in the car, drive safe." She breathlessly explains in-between laughs. My cheeks go from pink to red instantly. "Oh..." I awkwardly whisper. I quickly make my way out the door, not wanting to be in that awkward situation any longer than I need to be. "I love you!" Mom shouts to me as I run out the door. I smile as I get into her car and text Jamie that I will be there very soon.

It's late and any normal person would just wait until morning to see Jamie, but the difference between me and the average person is that I'm crazy about Jamie and I can't wait that long. I can't sleep only a mile away from Jamie, without seeing her first. My moms old car pulls into Jamie's driveway and as soon as the car is in park Jamie comes running out of her house with one of the biggest smiles on her face that I have ever seen. I run out of the car and to her as fast as I can manage.

I reach her and immediately lift her into the air in a tight hug and spin her around. It's a miracle that I didn't slip on the ice below my feet, but even if I did it would be worth it. Unless Jamie got hurt of course, then it wouldn't be worth it, that would be bad. Very bad. I instinctively bury my head into the crook of her neck, feeling at home for the first time in a month. Her giggles sound perfectly in my ears as she holds me closely in return. She hides her face in my hair and I sigh once again tonight, because I have nothing stopping me from being happy in this moment. Everything is perfect. I'm with Jamie, under the best of circumstances.