Chapter 40

Jamie's POV:

My eyes flutter open and I smile when I see Harry's arms wrapped protectively around me. I wiggle under the covers of my bed as I turn around in his arms so that I can see his peaceful face. Harry's full lips are pouted and his cheek looks smushed against the pillow below him. I smile at the adorable sight of my sleepy boy, but I frown as I remember that Harry leaves today. It's been two days since his birthday, which means today's the day that he has to make his drive back to his college with all of his mates. 

I'm going to miss him so much. Harry had stayed here with me at my house each day since his party. I think Harry needs me beside him while he sleeps as much as I need him. I haven't been sleeping as well ever since I visited him at his school months ago. I guess for years I adjusted to sleeping without him, but then once I felt what it was like to sleep beside him again, I've been missing it more than ever. I gently kiss his forehead, nose and then lips as Harry's legs subconsciously tighten around my leg that is in-between the two.

Harry's eyebrows draw together as his lips twitch and I know Harry well enough to know that he'll be waking up any second now. My fingers find their way into his hair as Harry pulls my body even closer to him in a tight embrace once he wakes up. He hides his face in my neck and hair once he pulls my body on top of his and let's out a groan. "I don't wanna go." Harry groans with slight humor. "I know." I sigh before lifting my head from hiding him and kissing his soft cheek.

"I don't want to leave you. I can't wait another two months until your visit in April." Harry pouts with bitterness. "I know baby. But we've done this before. We can do this." I try to soothe him while I push all of his hair away from his face. "Jay, I'm never going to get used to saying goodbye to you, as I shouldn't." Harry huffs. I know he's irritated but it's not my fault, he shouldn't take it out on me. "I know. I'm just trying to help." I sigh as I move out of his arms and sit up next to him on the bed while he stays laying down.

"Well you're not helping." Harry crosses his arms over his chest. "I'm sorry Harry." I sigh before standing up from the bed and exiting my bedroom to go make tea for Harry and me. I take my time walking to the kitchen, being tired and not eager to make my way back to grumpy pants. I know he's upset and stressed, but he can usually control himself. Once I turn on the kettle I hear the sound of Harry's foot steps padding into the kitchen. 

"Baby." Harry's sweet voice causes me to turn around. Harry frowns at me before he slowly makes his way over to me and leans in to give me a tight hug. "I'm sorry Jay. I'm just so sad that I have to say goodbye to you again. I've never felt such pain as when I have to tell you goodbye and it never hurts any less, no matter how many times we say it." Harry's shaky voice mumbles into my shoulder during our embrace. "I know Harry. Don't forget that I'm feeling it too. You're not the only one that's hurting." I sigh and Harry squeezes me tighter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time to say goodbye to Harry. Harry, Rita, Niall, Luke, Michael, Ashton and Calum were all at Harry's house, getting ready to leave for their journey back to their school. Niall, Rita and Ashton were taking Niall's car and Luke, Michael, Calum and Harry were taking Harry's car. It wasn't my idea to say goodbye to Harry in front of all of his friends, but that's the way it's going to be. Once everyone is done packing the cars full of their belongings, it's time for them to hit the road.

Anne, Gemma, Kelly and I all hug all of them goodbye. It was so nice to meet all of Harry's friends after hearing him talk about them for so long. "Bye Jamie." Niall mumbles into my hair. "Bye Niall. I love you. Take care of yourself. I'll see you in April." I smile sweetly to him. I didn't want to speak for too long, or I would get too emotional and start crying. That's the worst part, I never have to say goodbye to only Harry, but Niall too- my best friends. 

I find Harry's awaiting arms and practically collapse into them, but I know that with Harry's strength and my small body he has no trouble supporting me. I feel weak when I'm saying goodbye to him and I hate that I have adjusted to this feeling. "Be good baby." Harry holds me and whispers into my ear. "I will Harry. Promise me that you'll be good too." I pull away from him for a second to get a good look at his gorgeous face and the emotions behind his emerald eyes. "I will. I'll call you everyday, yeah?" Harry clears his throat when his voice starts to shake. 

I give him a sad smile and nod my head. "Course. I love you." I speak slowly so that he can feel and hear the depth of my words. "I love you too Jamie. I'll see you before we know it." Harry gives me a fake grin. I nod my head before leaning in to give him a long, tender kiss. I don't necessarily like showing affection in-front of others, but there is no way I wouldn't kiss Harry before he leaves. Harry and I hesitantly pull apart and I fall back into his arms for a last hug.

His arms hold me so perfectly I don't ever want to be anywhere else then in his arms. I've never felt so content. Harry kisses my forehead before pulling away and giving me a loving glance before walking to his car. I see him throw his keys to Michael and when Michael begins to ask why Harry can't drive, Harry shakes his head silently with a frown and I know that Harry doesn't want his emotions to effect his driving. Without another glance my way Harry avoids my eye contact and makes his way into the back seat of his car after giving his mom a hug.

Luke joins him in the back seat and I quickly jog to the window of Harry's door, before Michael leaves. Harry sadly opens the car door and I can tell how hard he is trying to keep his emotions inside and how badly he wants to let them out. "Harry I never got to give you the second part of your surprise." I whisper for just him to hear. Harry gives me a quick smile, but I can see it's hesitant and fake.

"What is it then?" Harry's groggy voice whispers back to me. "I pulled some strings, and you and I, Harry, are going to go on a road trip for a week this summer... Just you and me." I happily tell him with a grin. I didn't exactly want to tell him like this, but I know that he needs a pick-me-up. Harry gives me a small smile before pulling me into him for one more kiss before letting me go. "I'll call you." Harry let's out a content sigh. I nod my head with a smile before shutting his door and taking a few step backs. Harry gives me a wave and a small smile before his car drives out of sight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

200,000 readss!!! Oh my word, this is awesome! Thank you to everyone who is reading my story! :D

Thank you for reading! Vote and comment if you want to! :)

Sorry this is short, I just wanted to make a quick filler. Although this story is nearing the end, there is still a bit to go. :)

-Jena xoxo