Chapter 14

Usagi 14

>>>>CHAPTER 14<<<<

>>>>Little Red and Her Tomato Locks<<<<

"I'm going on a mission today." Kakashi informed Usagi. "I'll be gone for a few days... If you need anything, you can ask Guy... He'll do just about anything for you, so you shouldn't have any problems."

"Kay." Usagi nodded. The young girl was eleven now and was more than capable of taking care of herself. She was growing more and more powerful by the second, now having full control over her rinnegan. She can perform ninjutsu of all the five basic elements, see other people's chakra, and has learnt to control three of the six paths very well.

"Be sure to do some taijutsu training while I'm gone. Stay out of trouble, lock the door and please don't make your teacher mad anymore."

Usagi nodded, giving her dad a hug. "Bye dad."

"I'll see you in a few days, Usagi." Kakashi smiled before they both set off. Usagi for school, and Kakashi for the village gates.

---- ---- ---- ----

Halfway during school, Usagi decided it was a good idea to cut her bangs, as they were getting really long. Her red fringe reached down to her mouth now, so she was gonna cut off a little over an inch off.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Choji warned.

Usagi ignored him and brought the scissors to her hair. With one swift cut, her bangs now came up to her nose.

'Just a little bit shorter...' Usagi thought. She brought the scissors to her hair again.

Everything went smoothly... Until something happened.

Usagi sneezed.

Long red locks of hair fell onto the table.

Usagi dropped the scissors, immediately bringing her hands to her hair.

Not only had she cut her fringe, she'd cut off a sizable section of long hair next to it.

Usagi’s hair almost reached her waist now, so a random short section reaching just past her ear was not something that looked particularly nice.

"... I told you so." Choji muttered under his breath.

Usagi whimpered as she picked up the long strands of her hair. Her poor, poor hair.

"Oh my Kami!" Ino gasped as she saw Usagi. "What did you do?!"

Usagi and Ino were... I suppose you could say friends. They didn't hate each other, but they didn't talk all that much either.

"Don't worry, I can fix this." Ino took the scissors resting on the table and raised them to Usagi’s hair.

"Ino, you're gonna make it worse than it already is." Shikamaru commented.

"I don't think it can get any worse..." Ino said with a sigh, evening out her fringe.

As students started coming into the classroom, each gave her a similar stare. Wide eyes, mouth slightly open, nose scrunched up and one eye slightly more crinkled than the other.

"Tomato, what did you do?" The girls all stared.

Usagi slammed her head on the table. It goes without saying that she was depressed. Usagi loved her red hair, and wanted to grow it really long. Accidentally cutting off a good portion of it can sometimes upset a girl.

The rest of the school day was spent in a depressed state. A dark aura radiated from Usagi, and she didn't raise her head the whole day.

"It'll grow back." Choji and Shikamaru were attempting to somewhat console Usagi.

"It doesn't look that bad either, so stop being all depressed."

As Usagi began to raise her head, Naruto showed up.

"Whoa! You're hair looks weird!"

*Slam!* Usagi’s head went straight back to the table.

"Naruto!" Shikamaru growled.

And they were back to square one.

After some bickering, Usagi stood up and left the classroom in a glum state.

"Where are you going?" Choji asked.

[Dunno, just tell Iruka-Sensei I had to go somewhere important. Dads not home for a few days, so I shouldn't get into trouble.]

"You're gonna get caught, Usagi." Shikamaru said with another sigh.

[I’ll deal with it when it happens. Now, goodbye.]

With a wave, Usagi left the school premises.

---- ---- ---- ----

After sneaking around the majority of people avoiding being seen, Usagi got caught by the most unexpected of all.

"Hey." It was Pakkun. "Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

[What are you doing here?]

"Kakashi sent me to check up on you."

[Well, tell him I'm fine.]

"I'll also tell him you're skipping school."

Usagi glared at the dog. [You wouldn't dare.]

"I would. However, if you treat me well, I might forget to mention it." The sly little dog.

[What do you want, Pakkun?]

A bag of dog treats later, Usagi was in the clear.

[Before you go, can you help me find Guy?]

"Sure kid."

After picking up his scent, Pakkun lead Usagi to the bowl haired man.

"Alright, I'll be off now kid." Usagi waved goodbye as Pakkun disappeared.

So, turns out, Guy was at one of the training grounds with... A mini version of himself.

Three genin from the graduating class had received him as their sensei. Those poor children.

As Usagi approached, the Mini Guy saw her. "Guy-Sensei, someone is here!"

Guy turned around, confused as to why she was there. "Little Red? What are you doing here?"

[Dads on a mission for a few days, and I don't want to cook tonight. I expect a three course meal from you, cooked to nothing less than absolute perfection.]

"Anything for you, my youthful Little Red!" He struck the nice guy pose.

'Sucker...' Usagi’s internal evil genius was laughing.

"Who is this, Sensei?" Mini Guy asked.

"This is my niece. Neji! Tenten! Come here for a minute!"

Two other students came to Mini Guys side. One of them, Usagi recognized as being Neji Hyuga from some previous encounters.

"Alright, this is my niece, Little Red. She'll be training with us for the rest of the day, so be nice to her, alright? Now, she may not look it, but she’s almost as powerful as me."

Ignoring Guys introduction, Usagi wrote her own.

[My name is Usagi, not Little Red, and he is not my actual uncle, he just calls himself that. By the way, I'm sorry you got stuck with him as a sensei. I truly give you my deepest condolences.]

"I'm Tenten." The girl with two buns in her hair introduced herself, a smile on her face.

"I am Rock Lee!" Mini Guy struck the nice guy pose. "And I shall help you train!"

Neji stood quietly. "Aren't you gonna introduce yourself?" Tenten asked.

"We've already met." He said. Usagi nodded, confirming his statement.

[Neji Hyuga, from the class above, always got in trouble for correcting the teacher too much.]

"I remember that." Tenten let out a small giggle. "Sensei got sick of you always correcting him, so he scolded you and sent you outside."

"So, you've already met my Little Red. I hope you've treated her nicely, and continue to do so." Guy said putting his hand on his 'nieces' head.

"Of course." Neji said, slight sarcasm in his voice.

"Alright then, now that were all introduced, one thousand push-ups!"

---- ---- ---- ----

Four hours later, everyone had collapsed from exhaustion.

"Guy-Sensei... Can we... Keep training?" Lee panted, standing up again.

"That's enough for today. We'll be meeting up again tomorrow, same time! Get your rest while you can, you're gonna need it!"

"You're very advanced for your age." Neji commented, looking towards Usagi. She was at his level of strength, maybe even higher.

[I’m only a year younger than you.]

"I'm just curious as to why you weren't moved into an advanced class."

[Dunno.] Usagi shrugged her shoulders. [I think it’s because my genjutsu skills suck. I can't cast a genjutsu to save my life.]

"Hm." Neji thought about it. Even if her genjutsu skills were lacking, she still would have been moved up a grade... He dropped the subject, figuring he would never get a proper answer.

"Hey, Usagi." Tenten spoke up. "Why do you wear your hair over your eyes?" Usagi was slightly taken aback by her boldness. "I remember always hearing rumours about you saying crazy stuff like it melted off."

[I’m more comfortable like this.]

"Isn't it annoying having it over your eyes? Can you still see properly?"

[I can see fine. It’s not annoying when you're used to it.]

"So, you do have eyes?"

Usagi nodded. [And my face hasn't melted off.]

"That's good." Tenten smiled. "It's still really mysterious though. They say that no one has ever seen your face or heard your voice."

Neji smirked at that, recalling back to the many times when he had overheard Usagi mumbling to herself in the hallways of the academy.

[Well, only two people have heard my voice, and as for my face] Usagi pondered about the number. [Probably nine people have seen it, maybe more.]

"Wow..." Tenten was shocked at the numbers.

"That is very mysterious!" Lee shouted as he did more push-ups.

"Two people have heard you speak?!" Guy started anime crying. "And it wasn't me?! Who is it?! I must know!"

When Usagi pointed at Neji, the look on everyone's face was pure gold.

"What did she sound like?!" They all shouted, crowding around the Hyuga.

"It was over a year ago." He answered. No way was he going to answer their questions.

So, when everyone had calmed down, they all went their separate ways.

After Guy bought Usagi some ramen that is.

Ramen… It tastes much better when someone else pays for it.

AN/ So I haven’t updated in a while… Oops. Truth be told I have written 38 chapters… The only problem is I’ve been working on chapter 39 for about 3 months.  Extreme writers block maybe? I might just time skip the chunin exams and skip to the important stuff. (But that’s not for a while anyway. I’ve only uploaded 14 chapters.)

The official Naruto manga has ended too. Aghh I can’t believe it’s over ;_;

Anyway, thanks for reading :)

-C