Chapter 74

Usagi 74

>>>>CHAPTER 74<<<<

>>>>Hero<<<<

'Thank you... for everything, Usagi.'

Usagi opened her eyes, a coughing fit taking over her frail body the second she knew she was alive.

... Alive. She was alive?

It wasn't just her though, everyone who had died during Pain's attack on Konoha found themselves waking up, uninjured and very much confused.

Nagato had given his life to make things right, to bring back all the innocent people he had killed.

"Usagi!" Naruto ran towards his red haired friend. "Usagi, you're alive!"

The girl glanced around, unsure of where she was and of what was going on. Just a moment ago she had been speaking with Kurama, the Nine Tailed Fox... why was she...? Her surroundings were rather dark, the bright blue eyes of her teammate standing out as he approached.

Usagi pulled the cloth that had covered her stomach away, glancing down at her skin.

Fine... she was perfectly fine. There was a large hole in her singlet, where she had been stabbed, but where she had been stabbed- where a gaping hole should have been- was fine, not a single trace of her death left on her skin.

"... N-Naruto?" She looked up at the blonde.

Tears welled up in his eyes, his arms wrapping around the small, confused girl. "I thought you were gone... That I'd never see you again..."

Usagi sat up straight, something made rather difficult by the sobbing blonde leaning on her. She managed to move her body more upright though, her rinnegan eyes meeting Konan's amber ones as she did so.

The blue haired woman had tears streaming down her face as she looked at something behind Usagi.

Usagi didn't need to look to know what it was.

"... Nagato..." The young girl whispered, her lip twitching into a quivering pout as her eyes went wide.

Naruto pulled away, drying his eyes. "... Sorry, Usagi."

It was at that moment the small girl broke. She burst into tears, sobbing over the death of her sensei.

---- ---- ---- ----

Naruto, Konan, and Usagi all stood outside, watching as Konan wrapped Nagato's body and one of the paths of Pain in origami squares.

"You're taking him too?" Naruto questioned, glancing at the body with short orange hair.

"This path was created from Yahiko's corpse." Konan explained. "He was someone very special to us."

"... That's Yahiko?"

Konan nodded, the entirety of his body being covered with paper as she did so. 

She turned around, moving the now wrapped up bodies with the wave of her hand. "Usagi," She said.

The small redhead turned around too, ready to walk with the woman.

"Wait, what are you going to do?" Naruto asked. "I don't want you to join Akatsuki, and I don't want you drag Usagi along with you anymore."

The woman shook her head. "I'm through with Akatsuki. Yahiko and Nagato were everything to me. Their dream has been entrusted to you, and Ame has been entrusted to Usagi. The Hidden Rain will help you, and make their dream come true."