Chapter 3

Usagi three

>>>>CHAPTER 3<<<<

"She ate a poison berry." The doctor explained to the Hokage and two ANBU. "She should be fine in a few days. Poison berries like that are harmless for the most part..."

"For the most part?" The Hokage inquired.

"Well..." The Doctor began to explain. "Because she's at such a young age, there's a high possibility that the poison could stunt her growth, but other than that, everything should be fine"

"As long as she’s alright." The Hokage sighed in relief.

"Lord Hokage, what do we do now?" The silver haired ANBU asked.

---- ---- ---- ----

After two days of being knocked out, Usagi finally woke up in the Konoha hospital.

Before opening her eyes, the ones her mother had called a curse, she made sure her fringe was brushed over them.

Usagi didn't want to curse anybody else, so she hid her eyes from the world, and from herself.

As she moved to get out of bed, a nurse walked into the room.

"You're awake." She showed a kind smile as she approached Usagi. "How are you feeling?"

Usagi nodded in reply. She was feeling much better now.

"Does your throat hurt?" The nurse asked, wondering why she wasn't speaking.

Usagi shook her head no.

"Can you speak at all?" The nurse asked. Usagi nodded, which confused the nurse. After checking her throat, the nurse confirmed that she was fine.

"Are you sure you're fine?" The nurse asked. Usagi nodded again.

"Well, if you're sure you're alright..." The nurse said with a sigh. She left the room quickly, but came back almost as soon as she left. "The Hokage would like to see you if you're feeling up to it."

Usagi nodded, jumping off the bed. The nurse led the girl out of the room, where the two ANBU who had found her were waiting for her.

"She's all yours." The nurse smiled at the ANBU, then at Usagi who silently walked to the two ninja’s side.

'This is Konoha.' Usagi looked around the village as she walked through it. 'It really is a peaceful place.' Her father had originally come from Konoha, but when he met Rei, the two went back to her home village and got married.

Usagi sometimes overheard her father talking about the hidden leaf village. He would yell at her mother, saying how he wanted to go back, and how leaving was a mistake.

When her parents yelled at each other, it made Usagi sad.

Taking in the sights of the leaf village made time pass quickly. Before she knew it, she was walking into an office, where a rather old man sat behind a desk.

"Hello." The old man greeted the child with a smile. Usagi knew that the Hokage was the most important person in the village, the leader of the hidden leaf, so she was sure to be polite. "What’s your name, child?" Even though she was trying to be polite, she still didn't speak.

When there was no answer, the silver haired ANBU spoke up. "Lord Hokage, we were informed by her nurse that she doesn't speak."

"Is there a reason why?" The Hokage asked.

"Not that we know of." The ANBU answered.

"Well, that makes things a little more difficult." The Hokage sighed. Not wanting to ignore the Hokage, Usagi pointed to a blank piece of paper sitting on his desk.

"You want to write down your name?" The Hokage questioned. Usagi nodded, and waited as the Hokage grabbed a pencil and handed it to her. (Anything in [ ] is Usagi writing on paper)

The young girl held the pencil, gliding it across the page. [Usagi Senju]

"Senju?" Tenzo questioned.

The Hokage also noticed that the last name written down was one of Konoha’s greatest clans. "Usagi, can I ask what your parents’ names are?"

[Rei Uzumaki, Itsuki Uchiha.]

"Itsuki Uchiha?" Tenzo said in slight shock.

The Hokage looked up at Tenzo. "Tenzo, go get Itsuki immediately."

"Yes, Lord Hokage." With a poof, he disappeared.

The Hokage quickly turned his attention back to Usagi. "Why do you go by the name Senju?" He asked.

[It was my grandfather’s name.] Usagi wrote her answer.

Her grandfather. She had never met him, as he passed away before she was born, but her mother always spoke highly of him.

"So you're of Senju and Uchiha blood." The Hokage said, a faint smile on his face. "Those two clans are both very old clans, always fighting and such. There's an old legend however, that when the two bloodlines are mixed, the child born will be like that of the Sage of Six Paths."

[Who's that?] The Hokage had grabbed Usagi’s interest.

"Legends say he was the first human born with chakra. A very powerful man. He possessed the most powerful of all ocular jutsu. The rinnegan."

Usagi listened to the tale of the Sage with full interest.

The rinnegan. It was seen as a blessing. Her eyes were seen as a curse.

"So, ever since then, it has been thought that a child of both legendary bloodlines will also possess the rinnegan." The Hokage finished his story.

[What’s the rinnegan look like?] Usagi asked.

"It's said to be of a lilac colour, with ripples covering the entire eye." The Hokage said, recalling an image he had once seen of the eye.

Usagi then drew a picture of the eye he had described with a small caption underneath. [Like this?]

"Exactly like that..." The Hokage looked at the drawing in shock. Only a select few knew of the rinnegans appearance, so how did this young girl draw an exact replica of it? "How did you..."

Usagi moved her hands to her fringe, brushing it off her eyes.

The shock was clear on his face, but before he could ask any questions, there was a knock at the door.

"Enter."

The door opened, revealing Tenzo, followed by…

"Itsuki Uchiha." The Hokage addresses the dark haired man, a look of seriousness on his face as he spoke. "It this your child?"

Usagi, with her hair now over her eyes again, looked at her father.

"I don't have a child." Itsuki spoke coldly, avoiding Usagi’s eye.

"Kakashi, Tenzo, please take Usagi out of the room." The Hokage said coldly.

As Usagi was escorted from the room, she took one last glance at her father. 'Why doesn't he love me?'

Usagi held back tears as she listened in on their conversation.

"I don't want her!" Itsuki’s voice rose.

"She is your child!" The Hokage yelled. "You will act as her father, whether you like it or not!"

There was more yelling, but Usagi had stopped listening. She didn't want to hear anymore.

After a few minutes, she was called back into the room.

Itsuki glared at his child. The only emotion showing in his dark eyes was hatred. Pure, raw hate.

"Let's go." He said coldly, walking from the room. Usagi followed along behind.

Betrayed. Hated. Cursed. Sad. Unwanted. Alone. Now that Usagi was with her father again, why was she still feeling these emotions?

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN/ Update :3

I feel like I should say that I don’t own Naruto, in case that wasn’t obvious.

Thanks for reading!

-C